Turbos/Superchargers

pputkowski said:
This show's me how ignorant you are...ever seen a v6 mustang run 10second quarter miles? Niether have I...but i've seen quite a few local privately owned civics do it. A turbo civic is serious business...oh, and as far as ur "special olympics" comment, welcome to the internet.

Fart cans....hrmm, once again you cease to impress me with your "knowledge". Anyone who goes to a muffler shop with a civic and says, "I want a [insert gay ricer term here] exhaust." doesn't know **** about cars, or modding them. Damn, sounds like someone I know... :nice: Do you realize that most new fords/gms are made in canada or mexico? And almost all toyotas are made in USA.

From ford's website:

"Ford Motor Company has manufacturing facilities located in 25 countries on six continents. Manufacturing employment is about 80% of the approximately 328,000 people employed at Ford."

You think your Ford tranny is crap, just wait until you try to drive a mitsubishi. They are the cheapest, worst built, and ugliest of all j-cars on the road. A few hard launches in the thing (which I hear you mustang owners love to do) and BOOM, new tranny time. They are also extremely heavy (sluggish handling and slowness.)

Edit: Listen to Integraholic, he knows what he is talking about...
obviously you are ignorant too. there are a few v6 stangs in the 10 sec range all with production blocks and cranks and ported factory heads.

the ford 3.8 is a beast of a block being copied from the buick but without the buick downfalls.

i have built both and can say the ford is better than the stage 1 buick by far.

the stage 1 buick has been in the 8 sec range. it won't be long before the ford gets there

almost all toyotas are made in the US because toyota pays no taxes on profits to the us from its US plants. ford and GM being US companies have to pay taxes to the US govt from their US plants. it is cheaper for them to move to another country to avoid taxes like toyota enjoys. that is the only reason not because of quality

• Sponsors (?)

Yea Cobra232 is right because i know plenty of V6 Mustangs in the 10 second range. And as far as our transmissions being crap thats just some crap because if i remember correctly the T-5 is one of the best Transmissions to take a huge beating. And my motor and tranny have seen 11 years worth of hard launches and still run smooth :flag:

Well, BOTTOM LINE - i aint' getting no god damned civic :nono: , or an integra ( no offense ment integraholic). I think i am just going to get a 94 5.0 . How many miles do your cars have? my 98 v6 onlt has 36K and has been babied. I not sure about this one tho. It has 70K, i think im still aight tho, right??? Any problems wiht your cars wiht that amount of miles??? thanks.

You guys are all missing the point. I'm not talking about the possibility of building a turbo mustang by yourself, to keep the price low. I was talking about buying a turbo kit for the civic for that price (Full turbo civic kit for the same price as a homemade mustang turbo kit). If you built it yourself it could be under $400. Anyone wanna argue with that price?

Cobra***whatever your name is, you said there are a few v6 mustangs in the 10 sec range all with production blocks and cranks and ported factory heads. There are a few turbo civics in my area, not globally.

Kojack, "I know of a bunch of rsx type s' here and any V8 stang will WALK IT....dream on bud theres now way your puttin out that kind of power in a honda for 1500 bucks.....as I said before, I owned a Integra, I know."

What the **** are you trying to say?

Ok, obviously you know a couple of RSX type S's...and you claim that any v8 mustang will walk them. Have you ever actually seen them race? Have they ever raced? Just because the mustang feels faster (torque) doesn't mean that it actually is. Most people will ride in an RSX and go, "whoopdie friggin do". Then when they actually see it race it's a whole diff. story. Ok, you owned an inegra...but i'm guessing it was stock. Maybe a pos intake and fart can (obx, apc, etc.) Was it turbocharged? No? Then shut the **** up.

All of the people who are sucking the fox's dick, we are not talking about fox stangs...gtfo.

Integraholic,
hay.gif

pputkowski said:
You guys are all missing the point. I'm not talking about the possibility of building a turbo mustang by yourself, to keep the price low. I was talking about buying a turbo kit for the civic for that price (Full turbo civic kit for the same price as a homemade mustang turbo kit). If you built it yourself it could be under $400. Anyone wanna argue with that price?

I will. Do you actually think you could have a turbo kit worth talking about for $400 bucks? Maybe if you went to a junkyard and just bought the turbo parts off of an old turbo Caravan or something you could get them for that much, but what are you going to make the piping out of? Aluminum Foil? How bout injectors? Maybe a big funnel full of gas? There are SO many parts you need for a turbo setup... you would be hard pressed to get a quality turbo for $400, let alone injectors, fuel pump, chip/tune/tuner, gaskets, intercooler, piping, turbo header(s)... and the list goes on. Sure you could buy a crappy turbo, no IC, homemade piping, and run 4psi to avoid the NECESSITY of fuel and tune, but you're still going to have trouble staying under $400 once it's installed, and you will have ~17 more hp than when you started on a civic.

pputkowski said:
Cobra***whatever your name is, you said there are a few v6 mustangs in the 10 sec range all with production blocks and cranks and ported factory heads. There are a few turbo civics in my area, not globally.

Who cares how many there are? That has nothing to do with the fact that a V6 Mustang can be made fast also and it doesn't cost much more, if any...

pputkowski said:
All of the people who are sucking the fox's dick, we are not talking about fox stangs...gtfo.

Guess what, smart guy?... we weren't talking about CIVIC's either until you brought them up.

BTW,

FOX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CIVIC

pputkowski said:

Kojack, "I know of a bunch of rsx type s' here and any V8 stang will WALK IT....dream on bud theres now way your puttin out that kind of power in a honda for 1500 bucks.....as I said before, I owned a Integra, I know."

What the **** are you trying to say?

Ok, obviously you know a couple of RSX type S's...and you claim that any v8 mustang will walk them. Have you ever actually seen them race? Have they ever raced? Just because the mustang feels faster (torque) doesn't mean that it actually is. Most people will ride in an RSX and go, "whoopdie friggin do". Then when they actually see it race it's a whole diff. story. Ok, you owned an inegra...but i'm guessing it was stock. Maybe a pos intake and fart can (obx, apc, etc.) Was it turbocharged? No? Then shut the **** up.

Integraholic,
hay.gif

Actually yes I have seen them race....2 different type s, at our local street car shootout. and both got owned by stangs. who were stock. maybe a k&n or something like that but the rsx's had H/I/E as well.....so, yes I have seen this....I don't post ****. my integra almost beat one of them....and I never had vtec...had him for 3/4 of a 1/4 mile he just got me by 1/2 a car length at the end. they are NOT FAST......

as a matter of fact, it never had any POS parts on it.

had all comptech parts on it,

intake / header/ exhuast / safc

and more...so there goes that theory.

and shut the **** up right back at ya buttmunch! :nice:

kojack said:
Actually yes I have seen them race....2 different type s, at our local street car shootout. and both got owned by stangs. who were stock. maybe a k&n or something like that but the rsx's had H/I/E as well.....so, yes I have seen this....I don't post ****. my integra almost beat one of them....and I never had vtec...had him for 3/4 of a 1/4 mile he just got me by 1/2 a car length at the end. they are NOT FAST......

as a matter of fact, it never had any POS parts on it.

had all comptech parts on it,

intake / header/ exhuast / safc

and more...so there goes that theory.

and shut the F U C K up right back at ya buttmunch! :nice:
Word of warning, dont bypass the language filter. 77 acts like he hasn't had any metamucil for 2 weeks when he sees language filter bypassing.

thats why im building a "saleen" v6 s/c'ed. cheap insurance, still fast, still looks awsome.

and elanor v6 from the new 05 v6 next year or the year after when they come down in price for used ones.

kojack said:

Okay.... are WRX's fast?

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=F0504607-F320-466F-8276-22E6061B3D9A

There is an informative video. And the RSX-S pputkowski and i are talking about has those same performance mods.

yes wrx's are fast....I never said anything about them....but what i will say about them is they are POS. I had a subaru legacy gt, 2001 model...it was the biggest tin can I ever owned. pure crap. owned it for 9 months then ditch the ****can. bought it brand new and in 9 months racked up 7000 dollars in "warranty" work....so much for a warranty. but, anyways, they are junk. fast junk.