Turning Noise

Dym

Sep 4, 2006
Hey everyone, I got a 2004 Mach 1 (28k miles) the car runs strong, but when i make right/left turns it seems like the car creeks (sound coming from the front) and then it makes what I can only describe as a "tick-tock" sound if I zig zag right to left it will make a sort of "tick-tock" sound. It sounds like the sound is coming from the center of the car kind of under the dash. I do drive the car very hard but I also do maintain it properly. any information or help would be appreciated.

:SNSign:
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You need to isolate the noise. Easiest way is to jack up the car, and do a few simple test. First off spin the wheel and see if that duplicates your "tick". That could mean your from bearings are gone and you need to replace the whole hub. If that doesn't do it then do the wiggle test. Put you hands at 3 and 9 on the wheel (like on a clock) and see if it has movement. Do the same for 12 and 6. If left to right movement its likely a inner or outer tie rode, up and down movement its likely a ball joint.

Do those and check back.

:Track:When your bearings go bad, you hear a loud buzzing noise as if your tires weren't balenced:nice:, sounds like you ball joints need replacing, and your eeeeek sound is your struts, all shocks and struts make noise, but when they get more and more use they get louder and louder, simple fix, bushings and ball joints and struts, the struts should be the hire cost of them all:eek:, happy driving, and by the way,:nonono: lay off on destroying your mustang:Track:!!!!!!!