Twin Turbo or Kenne Bell 2.6L

see I am debating this same question, only issue is that KB doesnt sell any other blower besides the 2.1 for an 01 cobra :shrug:

I mean you will make a 2.6 for a GT, but only a 2.1 for a 4v:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

WTF!!!

I have done my research and I know what I need to make a 2.6 (or 2.8 for that matter) work on my car, but the problem I have is that James has been anything but helpful to me. His only response is, "we dont make it and the front drive system is different"... NO SH@#!!!

So instead I will spend my 8k on a TT 63mm BB setup and make more HP than his KB for the same engine does.

• Sponsors (?)

i understand that a turbo is more efficent then a blower because a blower uses hp to make hp were as a turbo does not

what i am saying is example 750hp twin screw vs 750hp turbo vs 750hp centri
we all know the boost lvls will be diffrent to make the same amount of power because of the way turbos/superchargers work
we also know that the centri supercharge will always be 3rd because max boost is not reached until close to redline
but the t/s and the turbo will be very closely matched

Hate to hijack the thread and get off topic, but I don't agree with the above post. There was a test done where they ******ed a twin screw off a put on a Centri with an equal amount of boost and to everyone's suprise, the Centri started making more HP & TQ rather quickly in the RPMs than expected. The people that performed the test just knew the Twin Screw would murder the Centri down low, but it didn't.

You have some Novi Paxton 2000s sending cars into the 8s. So I don't know if the Centri would necessarily in 3rd, plus a Twin Screw may smoke the tires coming out of the hole, and a Turbo may experience lag or get caught trying to spool up.

But hell, I like all 3 and think you can't go wrong with either....:nice:

I think it would be better to compare the 3 power adders using the same lbs of boost 12lbs KB vs 12lbs Turbo vs 12lbs Centri, than equal HP cars.
You know the Turbo will win that shootout...

I think it would be better to compare the 3 power adders using the same lbs of boost 12lbs KB vs 12lbs Turbo vs 12lbs Centri, than equal HP cars.
You know the Turbo will win that shootout...

This has been done long time ago in a MM&FF in 2004 using an 03 Cobra.
They compared the 4 power adder solutions on the same car at 11psi and I think 15psi. I still have the scans of the 11psi test, here they are. I don't remember which size of twin-screw was used at that time, that was before the size upgrade.
97123.jpg

97124.jpg

97125.jpg