Two questions...Wiring, and Steering Column

• Sponsors (?)

You were going to be 20 minutes from me and not tell me? Sheesh, I see where I rate.

I wasn't going to be out your way until October (Tracy's 10 year reunion), but if you're going to get that thing running, let me know. I'll try to make it out there and give you a hand. If you want that is.

mustang70 said:
You were going to be 20 minutes from me and not tell me? Sheesh, I see where I rate.

I wasn't going to be out your way until October (Tracy's 10 year reunion), but if you're going to get that thing running, let me know. I'll try to make it out there and give you a hand. If you want that is.

LOL...crap Bob I thought I had already told you. My bad dude. You and Tracy have to come, you have never seen us live!

Yea, when I get closer to dropping the motor in, I will call you.

Gram

Unless my parts-monkey-eyes deceive me, the late model solonoid (PN# Wells/Conrade F492) is between the left fuse block and the green peice with what I thought was the 9th relay and another wire. You could also say it is 1/3 the way to the alarm box from the left fuse block....

Can anyone fill me in on places to buy some of this stuff needed to rewire the car, bulk colored wire (if ya'll used that) misc fuse blocks, etc.?

GP- isn't huntington beach just a little south of Redondo? My sis lives there and I may be visiting this nov.

The Swede

Swede958 said:
Unless my parts-monkey-eyes deceive me, the late model solonoid (PN# Wells/Conrade F492) is between the left fuse block and the green peice with what I thought was the 9th relay and another wire. You could also say it is 1/3 the way to the alarm box from the left fuse block....

Can anyone fill me in on places to buy some of this stuff needed to rewire the car, bulk colored wire (if ya'll used that) misc fuse blocks, etc.?

GP- isn't huntington beach just a little south of Redondo? My sis lives there and I may be visiting this nov.

The Swede

The thing the blue cable is connected to? That is just a power distribution block. The blue cable comes from the bat side of the solenoid on the opposite side of the panel (in the trunk)

trbat2.JPG

In fact, if you go straight down from the fuse boxes you will see a large bolt with a black cable. That is not only the mounting bolt for the solenoid, but also the ground for it :D

You can get the proper color and striped wire. You can go to places like waytekwire.com and others, or check with a local electronics supply in your area. I use readily available colors and re-use some colors. I'll add a list of links to my webpage that I am doing on my electrical project.

Yes, Huntington Beach is just a tad south of Redondo. E-mail me when you are comin. There are a couple real nice cruise spots on Saturday morning (if the weather is nice) and you could zip on down here and we could meet up. One is mainly hot rods/muscle cars and is here in HB (you may have seen it featured on one of the many TV shows, it is called the Donut Shop Derelicts). The other is a little further down in Newport Beach called Crystal Cove. Alot of exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, I even saw the Batmobile there once.

fvike said:
Not trying to hijack tread, but I got a question about the wire harness... I've just bougth a tachometer dash off eBay, and I'm wondering if my old non-tach wires will do. Were there standard wires that fit both instrument panels, or did they have different harnesses?

yes, there is a boss 302 website that has a diagram that shows how to wire it up, but you lose the voltmeter. i can't find the site right now or i would give you a link

dolfan87 said:
LOL...crap Bob I thought I had already told you. My bad dude. You and Tracy have to come, you have never seen us live!

Yea, when I get closer to dropping the motor in, I will call you.

Gram

It's cool. We're already planning on being there. Think you'll be anywhere close to Linkin Park?;)

Hey gp, in response to your two fer remark on the other post...sounds good to me. I call dibs on the lift though. :banana:

Welp, I stand corrected, though I do will claim to a grand jury that my contacts were faulty and I did not inhale. :)

Sounds awesome GP- thanks for the info and I will defintely let ya know when I come down.

The Swede