Under dash heat

CPman

Apr 2, 2005
Has anyone else noticed a lot of heat in the gas pedal area? I don't normally drive with the A/C on as the temps around here have only being around the mid 70's and I don't think I should have to just to keep my feet from cooking. I had a look under there and noticed that the heater lines come through the firewall with no insulative covering what so ever and go into the heater box. Both are within 5" of your right foot and are VERY WARM. What brain surgon at ford figured this would be a good idea, or am I missing some insulation package that should be there. I doubt that all that heat can be good for any kind of audio equipment stock or otherwise. I would be interested if anyone else has this problem and how they have handled it.

• Sponsors (?)

when i first attempted to put in my short shifter i did not replace the rubber boot properly and there center console became hot to the touch. that might not be set properly on yours????

RICVA05 said:
If you notice the cats. run real close to your feet. I think that is where the heat is coming from. My car also feels like a foot warmer.

I agree. It seems that those who have put on high-flow cats, or no cats, have been reporting that cabin temps go down.