Up-to-the-day Stang Info

30AnnivStang said:
I've searched and searched. Is the new mustang going to take the same bolt pattern/offset that the current one does? I totaled my '94 and I have a set of 17x9 Mach1 wheels and i need to decide whether or not to sell them.

I thought the bolt pattern would have been the same, they are using the Bullit rim.....why redesign the offset for the rim they probably have thousands of lying around?

• Sponsors (?)

351CJ said:
Some additional information. It appears that what Ford is doing is allocating 2 - 05 Stangs to the small dealers and 3 - 05 Stangs to larger dealers. The objective is to get ALL Ford dealers to have 1 or more 05 stangs on their lots (or showroom floors). Initially the dealers will NOT be able to get any more 05 Mustangs unless they sell one or more cars from their initial allocations. Again the objective is to have as many as possible (if not ALL) dealers have 05 Stangs on their lot. The system is set up to make sure that a handful of dealers don't end up with 30 - 05 stangs while hundreds of other dealers don't have any. The '05 Stang will generate showroom traffic which will help to sell other Ford models, another objective Ford has.

Again the '05 Stang is a high volume mass production car. Ford will manufacture somewhere between 180,000 and 195,000 - 05 Stangs per year. Yes they will initially be in tight supply, but once the '05 Stang is in full production and all the early orders get filled, there will be enough of them to go around.

I have a few Ford dealers in town, one of them being an SVT dealer....so its quite large. I'm in pretty good with the sales manager and he mentioned to me that he has already sold 5 '05's, and he will be gettin 9 or 10 GT's in the first shipment. Not sure how he swung that.

DaTT(1sK) said:
I have a few Ford dealers in town, one of them being an SVT dealer....so its quite large. I'm in pretty good with the sales manager and he mentioned to me that he has already sold 5 '05's, and he will be gettin 9 or 10 GT's in the first shipment. Not sure how he swung that.

Maybe he has two dealerships, technically, and that allows him the alotment of 5 per dealer. Hence, the 10. He may have two corporate names, one for the regular division and one for the SVT division. McCarville Ford in NY has the same thing, they will get 10 also.

[QUOTE='03 6-Speed]This is probably my first post in this forum, but after watchin all the test videos a few minutes ago, I'm sick of the '03.....want....the....05! do you think they'd let a 19 year old college student test drive one?[/QUOTE]
If you have intent to buy.

Jason Burns said:
I talked to the sales manager of a Ford dealership in New Orleans yesterday and he was told they were only getting 1 GT.

I'm not sure if they are a very small dealership or what. Every dealer I have talked to is getting 2. Unless you are talking about the Ford GT.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Bolt Pattern of the wheels will also be different. Since they started with a clean-slate, it will probably be metric too !!

Anyone have a new T-Bird or Lincoln with the chassis the '05 is based on ... what's the bolt pattern on these cars ??

Those #s are for the 05 Stang.

T-Bird & Lincoln LS are different 5 x 108mm x 60mm offset.

So the bolt pattern is the same on the 05 Stang as the 99 - 04, but the 05 has a larger offset.

:notnice:
I was hoping that Ford was going to make the mustang 5x108 (5x4.25) b/c we all know that the mustang gets the most aftermarket attention and I would've loved to have that sort of selection for my lincoln Ls.