Up-to-the-day Stang Info

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by spectravp, Jun 30, 2004.

1. I thought the bolt pattern would have been the same, they are using the Bullit rim.....why redesign the offset for the rim they probably have thousands of lying around?

2. I have a few Ford dealers in town, one of them being an SVT dealer....so its quite large. I'm in pretty good with the sales manager and he mentioned to me that he has already sold 5 '05's, and he will be gettin 9 or 10 GT's in the first shipment. Not sure how he swung that.

3. This is probably my first post in this forum, but after watchin all the test videos a few minutes ago, I'm sick of the '03.....want....the....05! do you think they'd let a 19 year old college student test drive one?

4. Maybe he has two dealerships, technically, and that allows him the alotment of 5 per dealer. Hence, the 10. He may have two corporate names, one for the regular division and one for the SVT division. McCarville Ford in NY has the same thing, they will get 10 also.

5. i have heard from a crew member of john urist that urist and dwayne gutridge have ordered bodies in white to build into racecars

6. [QUOTE='03 6-Speed]This is probably my first post in this forum, but after watchin all the test videos a few minutes ago, I'm sick of the '03.....want....the....05! do you think they'd let a 19 year old college student test drive one?[/QUOTE]
    If you have intent to buy.

7. I talked to the sales manager of a Ford dealership in New Orleans yesterday and he was told they were only getting 1 GT.

8. I'm not sure if they are a very small dealership or what. Every dealer I have talked to is getting 2. Unless you are talking about the Ford GT.

9. Or he could mean 1 GT and 1 V6. :shrug:

10. From what I understand, dealerships will be getting plenty of V6's, just a few GT's to start.

11. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Bolt Pattern of the wheels will also be different. Since they started with a clean-slate, it will probably be metric too !!

Anyone have a new T-Bird or Lincoln with the chassis the '05 is based on ... what's the bolt pattern on these cars ??

12. 5x114mm = 5x4.5in
    45mm offset

I'm useful! :)

13. Is that the specs for the new Mustang, T-Bird/Lincoln, or both ??

14. Those #s are for the 05 Stang.

T-Bird & Lincoln LS are different 5 x 108mm x 60mm offset.

So the bolt pattern is the same on the 05 Stang as the 99 - 04, but the 05 has a larger offset.

15. Your right... :nice:

16. so the "05 wheels will be deeper on the backside or deeper on the front side?

17. Deeper on the back side (ie. larger offset) I believe. But I don't have any actualy stats, just what I've read on here and on Brad's forum.

Jay
    Waiting on the 18" wheels to order my Sonic Blue GT

18. Backside man... Backside! Don't forget 18" wheel's

19. :notnice:
    I was hoping that Ford was going to make the mustang 5x108 (5x4.25) b/c we all know that the mustang gets the most aftermarket attention and I would've loved to have that sort of selection for my lincoln Ls.