Update On An Older Build

mattadams6552

Jun 24, 2012
Hey guys. I used to have a build thread on here in first of the year of 2011. Somehow i lost my username and password so i created a new account last night.
My father and I build a 302 with a trick flow torque top end kit, installed 30 lb injectors, pro m mass air flow sensor, bigger throttle body, mac long tubes and H pipe, flowmasters, bigger ford racing plug wires, msd dist. cap, 3000 stall, 4.10 rear end, and some M.T. drag radials.

Last friday night we ran it through the 1/8th mile in Jackson TN. I was really dissapointed. The car spun like crazy off the line, and I couldnt do the AOD shuffle for the life of me. My father didnt have any trouble shifting it. Our best time was 8.7 at 80 mph and 60ft time of 2.05.

We were running the drag radials at 23lbs of pressure, as soon as it finally hooked up the car would really set you back in the seat. As soon as the car hit 3rd gear though it really seamed that the car fell off. ( like it fell out of the powerband) What would you guys recommed us start at getting the car to hook. Also can yall recommend a good valve body that will help our shifts, and keep us from doing the AOD shuffle.
Thanks guys, Matt Adams

• Sponsors (?)

just get one of those cheap Slime brand cigarette lighter plug in compressors! Got one and I love it! It was cheap and it can air up the tires in like 5 mins if the rear is jacked up!

if you want to grab that by all means do it, but food for thought my slime compressor weighs like 1.5 lbs so I just leave it in the trunk all the time! try getting those sixty's down and read some tips on what drag radials like cuz they can be finicky!