UPGRADES 1st $1000...1st $5000

eric n

Founding Member
Jul 14, 2001
Bakersfield, CA
Were I getting a new GT (and I'll be waiting at least 6 months for news on SE's and fixes) what would my first grand in mods be spent on????

1. Flowmasters
2. That little tune that is suppose to produce 35hp
3. If there is enough $$$ left 4:10s (and it'd probably creep up above 1k)

SHOULD PUT ME IN LOW LOW 13'S.

Next up would be 18 or 19" wheels and fatter meat.

Lowering springs.

Then shelby stripes painted on (maybe a hood if there is something of quality)

350HP is about all I need to have fun. OK maybe a little 100 shot of juice.

GIVE ME YOUR RUNDOWN.

• Sponsors (?)

Picked up my 05 GT on Thursday and I'm getting the Shelby stripes on Monday. I'm also getting the windows blacked out then too. As soon as the aftermarket stuff becomed available, I'll be looking for a small, duck-tail spoiler (I took the spoiler delete option, hate the look of a wing) and back window scoops. Probably do new wheels sometime over the winter.

I'm staying away from any engine mods until the engine has a chance to shake out and the aftermarket catches up. Come spring or early summer I'll be looking for a supercharger, headers and a magnaflow exhaust system.

By the way, what's up with the "little tune" that supposedly adds 35hp? First I've heard of it and I'm definately interested. Are we talking about replacing the regulator chip? Bear with me, I'm a bit of a novice.

Eduk8r said:
Picked up my 05 GT on Thursday and I'm getting the Shelby stripes on Monday. I'm also getting the windows blacked out then too. As soon as the aftermarket stuff becomed available, I'll be looking for a small, duck-tail spoiler (I took the spoiler delete option, hate the look of a wing) and back window scoops. Probably do new wheels sometime over the winter.

I'm staying away from any engine mods until the engine has a chance to shake out and the aftermarket catches up. Come spring or early summer I'll be looking for a supercharger, headers and a magnaflow exhaust system.

By the way, what's up with the "little tune" that supposedly adds 35hp? First I've heard of it and I'm definately interested. Are we talking about replacing the regulator chip? Bear with me, I'm a bit of a novice.

CONGRADULATIONS on your outstanding purchase. One of the aftermarket guys, I believe steeda says that a tune gets 35 ponies. I'm not sure what is required to make it happen as the codes are reportedly difficult to crack. I'm likely as much of a novice as you, I'm sure someone with a clue will fill us in.

AGAIN. Congrats on being one of the first. I hope it's a great experience for you.

Eduk8r said:

We'll be waiting for pictures! Test drove
GT w/at today. Not bad! Liked feel of car.
Seats feel wider than my 96 GT. I'm 5'10 and 290 and it felt comfee! I did'nt like sterring wheel set up with drop lever on bottom. When I lowered colum I couldn't see numbers on top of Speed & tach. Also
they moved turn signal/light dimmer up and back so if your hands are at 9&3 you can't use middle finger to operate like on most Ford vehicles. Also speaker grill sticks out on lower door to kick getting in and out. But I loved it can't wait to drive 5spd.

I would go with headers and a tune for the first $1000 then mufflers and wheels.But 4 rims and tires will set you back at least 1500 for some decent light weight ones. So maybe mufflers and suspension for the second 1000