upgrading transmission internals?

rgs

Dec 11, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
k well the input bearing on my tranny is shot.

so i figured that while im in there i might as well try to make it a bit stronger. i'm not looking to go overboard on the price. the only thing i've found so far is just a ford t5 rebuild kit. but i don't really wanna just replace it with all stock parts.

any suggestions on any kits that might be out that would be a good choice???

• Sponsors (?)

So it turned out to be your input shaft bearing huh? I knew it sounded like a bearing. Well the only other kit you could get that I know of is a G-Force kit. I Plan on doing that next time I rebuild it. Other than that I suggest just rebuild it and leave it the way it is. What kills our venerable T5 is torque. Other than that its a pretty bad ass tranny. I know I love mine. :-D

I have the basic g-force kit, stock tranny case and output shaft. #yrs. now and so far so good. Shifts like stock and fits like stock except for the 26 spline input shaft. THe kits are pretty pricey tho as of the last few years. I payed $950 for my kit + $250 for the tranny rebuild + $100 for a new 26 spline clutch disc + rebuild kit $180 ish =$1480 and it popped right in. Now-a-days I think the kit costs almost as much as my whole list fo parts.:eek: