Upper A -arms

INDSKYS

May 24, 2003
CALIFORNIA
Hi Everyone I Am Running Grab A Trac Front A- Arms (polyurethane )anyway I Have Not Been Able To Grease Them Since I Installed Them Grease Shoots Out Of Everything But The Bushings. Is Mt Only Option To Drill Holes In Shock Towers And Put Straight Grease Fittings On Them ? Or Can I Get A Kit That Adds On From Someone That Will Work From The Outside With 90 Fittings?

• Sponsors (?)

They do sell a kit that has close quarter 90 degree fittings. I elected to grind flats on the end of the grease gun so it would fit into the tight space between the shock tower and the fitting. You might want to have someone push the front end up and down while you inject the grease to help it flow easier.

67coupe351w said:
Hey Huey Pilot, I was noticing your sig. How does your AOD hold up to to all that torque? Have you rebuilt it with any particular kits?

Its built by "Lentech", which is supposedly built to withstand 600 ft/lbs except OD which is limited to 400 ft/lbs. "Knock on wood" it has worked flawlessly for the last three years of weekend drag racing and a one day a week cruise to work. It's pricey, but well worth it for durability and I have not had to do anything to it.

thehueypilot said:
Its built by "Lentech", which is supposedly built to withstand 600 ft/lbs except OD which is limited to 400 ft/lbs. "Knock on wood" it has worked flawlessly for the last three years of weekend drag racing and a one day a week cruise to work. It's pricey, but well worth it for durability and I have not had to do anything to it.

So do you use OD when drag racing? I know thats their total weak spot, my buddy's is trashed even after some "performance" rebuild he had done

bnickel said:
you shouldn't ever use overdrive in drag racing especially with an AOD. the main reason though is the RPM drop is too much and will usually hurt the ET more than anything

Yeah, I asked because of his gearing and big long stroke. I bet that engine would love to catch another gear near the end of the 1/4.

67coupe351w said:
So do you use OD when drag racing? I know thats their total weak spot, my buddy's is trashed even after some "performance" rebuild he had done

No I do not use OD when I drag race. In the 1/8 mile I cross the finish line at 5250 rpm (normally shift at 6k). I have not yet run the 1/4 mile since switching to 4:11 gears this spring.