Upper / Lower Control Arms - Installation tips??

bottlfed92

Aug 16, 2004
Canada
Just picked up a smokin deal on a set of STEEDA adjustable uppers and Maximum Motorsport adjustable lowers for $200 CAD.

Need some installation tips if anyone has some. Thanks.

~Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

i used a ratchet strap to do the lowers, b/c once you get the stock ones off the holes dont want to line up, so i straped the the rear tire to the front and cranket them in till the rear holes lined up.

Other than that do the uppers one at a time.

Ohh watch out for that spring its no joke :D

Bullitt #3067 said:
Jeff, I thought you were selling?

Back to topic: air tools make quick work out of it.

You better get jumping if she's going to be done for Norwalk!

see you there!

LOL...The thought has crossed my mind, once or twice. LOL. I've learned that most 'material' objects in life are always for sale. ars included. I thought I was at the end of modding my car. [Que the 'Family Feud' X buzzer]. Well, there's always the performance and handling portion of modding. Something that I have to familiarize myself with.

I should be getting both in the mail today and may tackle this (time permitting) before Norwalk. I'll be there on Friday morning/afternoon. I'll PM you my cell. There's about 30 of us from the GTAMC (Greater Toronto Area Mustang Club) staying at a local hotel. We take over the parking lot till very, very late/early hours. LOL. Join us. I'd love to see that machine of yours again.

~Jeff:canada: :flag:

the rear isnt too much of a worry, take the sway bar off, disconnect the bottom of the lowers, if you are on axle stands and the rear has plenty of hang room, there isnt much pressure on the springs. Just lower the control arms slowly on a hydraulic jack, once the springs are out its easy cheesy. Then just unbolt the uppers and go in reverse order. Easy stuff :nice:

however, if you car was anything like mine, the rear lowers were a ****** to get off, rusted pretty much together, you'll need a pry bar in one hand and an impact in the other. Took more time to get the bolts out than it did to do the work following.