Upper torque boxes?

dgp

Feb 23, 2010
Can you hear it when the uppers are starting to tear out? There's a bad noise coming from the rear of my '89 and it's quickly getting worse. Every move the car makes it sounds like there's torn metal and it's shifting. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but I'm fearing the worse.

• Sponsors (?)

Can you hear it when the uppers are starting to tear out? There's a bad noise coming from the rear of my '89 and it's quickly getting worse. Every move the car makes it sounds like there's torn metal and it's shifting. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but I'm fearing the worse.

mine would make clicking noises when I would go over bumps & such, I ripped mine off pretty clean......:( the rearend would sway really bad when I would get on the gas. if you can help it, don't drive it again until you look at it. hopefully it will just be that the control arm bushings are destroyed.... best of luck with it.

Ok so I got some time to take a look at it and everything seems ok. There's no tears or cracks in the uppers, no bushings seem bad. It does has SSM Lift bars, could they be making this much noise?