v6 Brake upgrade options HELP!

fiveohwblow

Official Member
Jul 21, 2005
I am in desperate need of new brakes, and well, why not upgrade? I only want to spend somewhere around $500 but I was thinking it shouldn't be much more than that for an upgrade. I am not asking for a full BEAR kit, but simply a bit better. I have a 98 v6 with the GT package meaning ABS, 16" wheels, ground effects, spoiler, power seat etc.. as far as sixers went in 98, it was loaded. Does anyone know where to get the best upgrade kit for that price range?

I found a BEAR rear brake upgrade kit with 13" rear rotors, which is a huge improvement, but anyone knows front brakes are where you start... Any help would be greatly appreciated!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

All you will need is the Baer front brake kit....you will need 17" wheels though..

You will not be disappointed with the kit....I have the front and rear, and it is incredible stopping power!

I forgot to mention I have 18" wheels already. Another reason the brakes look hideous... What I was talking about earlier was that the car came with the 16" pony GT rims.. sorry for the confusion

How much is the BEAR front brake upgrade kit and where did you purchase yours?

I forgot to mention I have 18" wheels already. Another reason the brakes look hideous... What I was talking about earlier was that the car came with the 16" pony GT rims.. sorry for the confusion

How much is the BEAR front brake upgrade kit and where did you purchase yours?

I paid $2k for all 4...but that also included drilled/slotted rotors on all 4 and an additional $100 per caliper for powder coating...

I think I got them straight from Baer..

Well that puts a huge hole in my budget. I was thinking more like a cobra upgrade and or something else from SSB that just supliments. I have found some that fit what I am looking for, but want other stang owners opinions... If I just do the fronts, fine. I just want to get the best bang for my buck.