v6 dual exhaust help!!!

lilstangbaby004

Feb 1, 2006
hello i am trying to buy a exhaust system for my 2004 v6 mustang does any one know any websites where i can buy a nice sound exhaust system... when i went to the bodyshop they told me that dual exhaust would not sound good on a v6... please help... also does anyone know a good website for a body kit? thanks a bunch..

• Sponsors (?)

Go back to that shop and give them the twirling middle finger of tranquility, then get youself over to 3.8mustang.com and look at/listen too the exhaust sticky they have. pick and chose which settup sounds best and go from there, as for purchasing a kit, a GOOD shop can hook ya up for around 500 or so for stainless with a good set of mufflers, Like loudmouths, flowmaster 40 or 50 series or you could do what alot of people here and at 3.8 would suggest and get a set of GT takeoffs and custom a midpipe to fit. Gt takeoffs are the sections including the mufflers back to the tips that go around you rear axle. <easy way of doing it without having to custom bend around it.

I just, as of yesterday, had a dual exhaust installed on my 2004 3.9L V-6, and it sounds great. Maybe not loud enough for some, but I think it's going to be fine for me. Through help from some of the members here, I decided on purchasing a "take-off GT exhaust", which is a complete exhaust system removed from a GT, and that's what got installed. I bought mine off eBay, removed brand new off a 2004 car, and it cost me $140 + shipping. I was going to put FlowMaster Delta 40 mufflers on as well, but after a mishap with the mufflers and with the muffler shop, the stock GT exhaust was installed instead, but it sounds pretty damn good if you ask me. I did listen to a lot of sound clips off the previously mentioned website as well, and found it helpful in picking out a "sound", as it seems each of the different brand mufflers sound different.

Good luck!

-Lynn.