V6 intake

SDstangz

May 30, 2004
Texas
I want to have a decent intake, I have mac fenderwell cold air. I heard bigger mass air and throttle body is a waste of money :notnice: . But intake runners give about 7 lbs tq. and about 6 hp :nice: . throttle body spacers are questionable :shrug: but I might get it anyway.Has anybody installed 1.8 roller rockers on their V6 pony? If so how much and where did you find them? Any HP gains? Is it safe?

• Sponsors (?)

www.rpm-mustangs.com has the rocker rollers email him and see what he recommends.

the cai you have is as good as it gets, the throttle body spacer will do nothing, just like a new MAF and TB will do nothing if not cost you HP and TQ, the best thing to do is get gears, 4.10 if a slowmatic and 3.73 if manual, tlok unit with gears, exhaust, cai, UDP then get ported upper and lower intake, heads and cam with a dyno tune to finish it up, 4.2 crank and rods if you want to do that also.

SpectorV said:
www.rpm-mustangs.com has the rocker rollers email him and see what he recommends.

the cai you have is as good as it gets, the throttle body spacer will do nothing, just like a new MAF and TB will do nothing if not cost you HP and TQ, the best thing to do is get gears, 4.10 if a slowmatic and 3.73 if manual, tlok unit with gears, exhaust, cai, UDP then get ported upper and lower intake, heads and cam with a dyno tune to finish it up, 4.2 crank and rods if you want to do that also.
:nice: good package.

Mustang_02 said:
I'd have to beg to differ. My TB and MAF gave me 10 rwhp and 12rwtq.

:stupid: I also have to beg to differ about the throttle body spacer not doing anything. I noticed a distinct increase in acceleration after installing it in combination with my CAI, not to mention the fact that it sounds pretty dang cool IMO. :D

SpectorV said:

I used to think the same thing myself. But we distinctly drove my friends car before and after and there was a difference. I was amazed. I thought a tb spacer was just a way for them to steal more of your money. It was on a 99+ too.

And, i agree on ur setup completely. That happens to be the exact specs of my car...lol....but you forgot one thing. A nice little ol nitrous kit for some unsuspecting v8s. Or some arrogant 4s and 6's who think they are the ****nitz. (PS. at the track)

Mail order chip? Who got one of those? I had a Dialbo Revolution Chip as soon as it came out. It was dyno tuned, air/fuel, timing, etc. I didn't pay for this over the internet. I went to a performance shop near my house.

I got my mail order SCT chip from Justin @ VMP for my Vortech setup and it was like night and day. 99% of the mail order chips are junk, but not all of them. My car has yet to look cross-eyed at the dyno since I got the blower and I have 10,000 miles on her already. I do however plan on getting to the dyno soon, but more for curiosity than anything else. I expect to see a near perfect a/f ratio...