V6 owners: What is your gas mileage?

thegoalie

Aug 2, 2004
Hi everybody. I'm seriously considering purchasing an V6 '05 Mustang, but I'm concerned about the gas mileage. I don't think the gas mileage will be too different for the new Mustangs from the current ones, so could the members with a V6 please reply with their real-world gas mileage?

I could easily took up the EPA figures, but those are nearly worthless. I want some real world data. Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

heh....yall wont believe me if i told you. i was driving from pensacola to panama city the other night, maintained between 55 and 75 the whole way...29.7 mpg. i was extremly suprised, needless to say, lol.

I have a CAI and duals, but the latest two things I did ot my car really increased the performance....i changed my oil from mobil1 to royal purple and dumped a can of sea foam in the gas tank. The royal purple gave me about 2.8 mpg higher off my 2nd tank of gas, 2.2 on my first...then the seafoam added about another 2 (30k miles it needed cleaning ya know?)

thegoalie said:
Hi everybody. I'm seriously considering purchasing an V6 '05 Mustang, but I'm concerned about the gas mileage. I don't think the gas mileage will be too different for the new Mustangs from the current ones, so could the members with a V6 please reply with their real-world gas mileage?

I could easily took up the EPA figures, but those are nearly worthless. I want some real world data. Thanks guys!

when I had my 2000 with an automatic I got good gas mileage cuz I never wanted to drive it anywhere since it was so boring. then I traded it in on a 04 with a 5spd and suddenly I'm spending more on gas since I can't stay out of it. It's so much more fun to drive, not to mention quicker. What's my MPG? I have no idea. If I cared about that s h i t I'd buy a honda or some junk like that.

why are you spending more on your standard that you are having "so much fun" in, which you "can't stay out of".... :scratch: well lets think hard about this one.... :shrug: you're probably having so much fun in your upper PMS that you are staying there longer, therefore burning more gas. :doh:. you said yourself you drive it a lot more.... :doh: :doh:.

:doh:

i have no idea, id say 20-25 city, and more like 25-30 highway, my bros 01' V8 got 30 MPG one way on a family trip a while back, alot of downhill!
but my baby doesnt see much highway... but when we do... oooh yeah...

ChrisYellowV6 said:
why are you spending more on your standard that you are having "so much fun" in, which you "can't stay out of".... :scratch: well lets think hard about this one.... :shrug: you're probably having so much fun in your upper PMS that you are staying there longer, therefore burning more gas. :doh:. you said yourself you drive it a lot more.... :doh: :doh:.

:doh:

i didn't explain myself clearly... you mean Rpms, right?

UndrTheAZstrz said:
My 97 automatic gets about 15 if I BABY it but if I want to drive it like a normal human being I get about 10 and if I want to screw around in it i'd say about 8....
Umm...my car is the same way. I can get 220 miles driving extremely slow off a full tank. Granted, the gas is oxygenated but still! Then again, its my mods that throw my gas mileage off and where i live. If i drive like a normal being i will get about 15 mpg.