V6 Performance Upgrades

dasurfrdude27

Mar 30, 2007
Alrighty, I'm really new to the amazing 2007 V6 Mustang world, but I was looking for some serious upgrades.

I was interested in getting a turbo for my first upgrade.

I want some opinions though on what I should get first though.

Also, if turbo is right for me, where can I see some good turbos that will work properly with my mustang.

Thanks very much,
Kyle

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the pm BC! And thanks for the props Jenn. :nice: I have the PH turbo, last time I ran it it went 12.4@109 on 10lbs of boost. Buckman, a friend of mine ran his a few weeks back on 11psi and went 12.2@116. Its an awesome kit. Right now, there are only two kits....

-Powerhouse
-Forced4 Motorsports (kit still in development)

The Powerhouse kit is available via mail order, or to have a shop install. Powerhouse has been experiencing domain issues with their web site (www.powerhouse411.com), here is their backup web site...

www.powerhouse411.net

I would give them a call about the kit over the phone. Keep in mind if you plan on spinning the stock drive shaft over 100mph, I would replace it. There have been a few occurances of failed V6 drive shafts. Buckman and I are running the one from PH, along with their suspension goodies. I just switched to their new built block, with their heads and turbo cams.

I also got a 12.8 on the PH turbo at only 8.5lbs of boost. The TQ hits at 2500 rpm and even on low boost, the car will break loose from a roll.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

WOW!

Rygen, I can't thank you enough.

I used to highway often, and I tend to hit 100-110MPH on there. So, thanks for the tip on the drive shaft. Thats very scary.

Now, my last question is, what would be the best upgrades to get?

Like, I want a turbo, I will probably get a programmer, definitely a CAI, now a new drive shaft.

Anything else I need?

I'm still somewhat on a budget so what do you recommend?

Thanks.

You don't need a CAI, the turbo kit comes with everything, including the XCAL2 tuner. I would also get a LSD for the car, the trutrac seems to be the stout piece for the 7.5. I'd also get a girdle for it, I have the LPW. And the stock LCA's suck on these cars.

Do you plan to run it at the track?

Also, can I get a link where I can buy all off this?

Or a seperate link for each one, if nessicary.

I know how to use google, but all I can find is parts for pre-2005 mustangs.

Thanks again, very much.

Actually, I recently found of races done locally (and legally).

So, now, yes, I will eventually be hitting the tracks.

Any advice/where to buy these gosh dang parts?

:D

Also, any recommendations on an exhaust system?

I'm going to get an OEM GT bumper so I can fit dual exhaust.

Thank