v6 rebuild

95 stang v6

Oct 11, 2009
Hey i have a 3.8 v6 95 and im getting ready to do a total rebuild. Im looking a high perfromance cast pistons and rings, standerd bore size. im wanting to put a turbo or supercharger on it, Was wanting to know if these pistons would hold up the power of a turbo or supercharger.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

instead of throwing money at the 3.8, why not spend the same or possibly even less(if you do it right) & throw a 5.8 in there? then you would have a real motor!
I speak from a little experience, my first stang was a sixxer. It had a rod knocking when I bought it so I rebuilt the motor & kept it stock. after looking at what I spent, I regreted ever even touching the 3.8, I could have swapped it to a 5.0 for alot less & for a few more $$, a 5.8! I never would have sold it if I had done it right.
sorry for the rant but I just wanted to put my .02 out there for your consideration. best of luck with whatever route you choose.

Hey i have a 3.8 v6 95 and im getting ready to do a total rebuild. Im looking a high perfromance cast pistons and rings, standerd bore size. im wanting to put a turbo or supercharger on it, Was wanting to know if these pistons would hold up the power of a turbo or supercharger.

Thanks.
What Pistons, rings? Stock crank and rods? What are the power goals?

Not a lot of detail to go on.

Your plan is to use high performance cast pistons and rings. The parts themselves should hold what power the mfg rates them at.