Vacuum Questions

mightypoof

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
Glendale, AZ
Since it has been like 8 monthes since I tore apart the motor I have forgotten a couple things. There is a vacuum line "T" on the compressor housing of the T3. It has like an in (from vauum tree) and an out (to the wastegate I believe) and there is a threaded connection on the end...what threads into there? The second one is one that comes right off of the throttle body and bends toward the turbo. It is black and about three inches long. Is it for the valve cover breather? Thanks a bunch guys...

TG

PS-If nobody can figure out what I taling about I will borrow a camera and take some pics when i get a chance...

• Sponsors (?)

i believe the second one your talking about is the valve cover breather as you said.
I'm assuming you used your throttle body from our N/A engine where this line would have been used. But the turbo engines already have the valve cover breather. So this line can be capped off. And make sure you use a little clamp to hold the cap on there cause I had mine get blown off when i didnt have it clamped.

if thats not the line your talking about then I'm not sure....

rgosulliv said:
i believe the second one your talking about is the valve cover breather as you said.
I'm assuming you used your throttle body from our N/A engine where this line would have been used. But the turbo engines already have the valve cover breather. So this line can be capped off. And make sure you use a little clamp to hold the cap on there cause I had mine get blown off when i didnt have it clamped.

if thats not the line your talking about then I'm not sure....

I would agree with this. If its the tube me and rgosulliv is talking about the it is located near the trottle cable. Some people upgrade to these TBs so the TPS location is better and easier to get hold of I think. The one I got from a friend had that tube welded shut or some kind of solder closeing it off.