Valve Covers.... HELP!!!

stang88tn

Nov 13, 2005
Knoxville,TN
Hey Guys I need a set of Valve cover That will clear 1.6 RR and stud girdle. I am running the Holley SysteMax Intake with a 1" spacer. I would like some that are fabbed, tig welded. I like the racy look! If not that what are other options out there.

• Sponsors (?)

Hit up Summit...they even sell their own version of the welded up custom look valve covers.

My buddy did discover though that you can use most stock height covers with 1.6 RR's if you use huge 5/8 thick cork gaskets, but i can't help with the stud girdles because i've never ran them.

i work for the shop making these ( propan.net is site of the stuff)

heres some pics of some valve covers i made for my car.
pic1156.jpg

pic1160.jpg

pic1164.jpg

pic1162.jpg

pic1163.jpg

pic1167.jpg

i had to clearence the right cover for the fuel rails. they were going to hit since my blower inlet sticks out all over the place.

these are what your valve covers would be like from ProPan

Attachments

• pic1156.jpg
    pic1156.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 65
  • pic1160.jpg
    pic1160.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 64
  • pic1164.jpg
    pic1164.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 51
  • pic1162.jpg
    pic1162.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 36
  • pic1163.jpg
    pic1163.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 57
  • pic1167.jpg
    pic1167.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 58
Wow! Those are some beautiful welds - talk about a row of dimes! A+ work right there.

Will the OEM replacement covers have the vent like to the TB and accept the OEM oil cap?

you can get them however you like. i just put a breather stack right around where the oil fill cap would be. i dont with a PCV with my blown setup so i run the open breather on top, and use it to dump oil in also.

Hit up Summit...they even sell their own version of the welded up custom look valve covers.

My buddy did discover though that you can use most stock height covers with 1.6 RR's if you use huge 5/8 thick cork gaskets, but i can't help with the stud girdles because i've never ran them.

I had the ford racing ones. Look cool and have enough rise for the rockers. Cost about $100 at summit.