Venom 400 Module

Johnny K

Jan 25, 2003
I searched the forum and web for information on the Venom 400 module. I haven’t found any good info either way on the module. Can I believe it monitors the system better than the stock 80's computer, yes. Does it give you 25% more horsepower though? Has anyone tried the module and is there anyone out there with dyno results backing or falsifying the venom claim.

Thanks for the info,
John

• Sponsors (?)

i had one on my 96 v6 camaro...definetly gave it a lot of power...i just had that and a cold air kit and i could keep up with a lightly modded 5.0 no problem...so im sure it would help out a 5.0 a lot. the cool thing was, i think, is that it would only kick on at 75% throttle and there was a little light that you could mount anywhere that would come on when it turned on. in my opinion they work but are expensive

ECU5.0 said:
i had one on my 96 v6 camaro...definetly gave it a lot of power...i just had that and a cold air kit and i could keep up with a lightly modded 5.0 no problem...so im sure it would help out a 5.0 a lot. the cool thing was, i think, is that it would only kick on at 75% throttle and there was a little light that you could mount anywhere that would come on when it turned on. in my opinion they work but are expensive

no offense to you or your v6 camaro. but are you telling me the this module made that much of a differance? what the hell do those things run stock? im sorry i just find it hard to believe that a v6 camaro could run even with a "lightly modded" 5.0.

lets see.......when my 5.0 was "lightly modded" i was running 14 flats and trapping in at 98mph. and this was with poor traction. if all these v6 camaros need, is this module and a cold air intake to hang with that!!!.....then all you folks out there with "lightly modded" 5.0s better get some juice because the v6 camaros with the Venom modules will be coming after you!!!!! hahahahahaha!!!!!