Vert Roll Bars 01-04

• Sponsors (?)

01truebluevert said:
install looks like a chinese firedrill, am i missing something? :shrug:

I would think that installing any true rollbar would be quite an undertaking involving taking out a lot of the interior in order to mount the rollbar securely.

Well I have one on my 2000 GT vert and I plan on selling it. How much? Don’t now yet. But I do know you have to peel back the carpet and cut open a round hole and a slit to the edge of the carpet. It’s just easier this way when you weld it down and close up the carpets it looks allot cleaner. As for the sides just behind the front seats you have to cut you’re inside quarter panel. The plastic cover, because the bars that run along the sides hit the corners of that. Its time consuming and can be a PITA. At the bottom welding points on the sides you also have to cut the carpet like you did in the front. The rear is not that hard. It’s probably the easiest part. As long as you have the seats removed should just slide into place.
The one I have is pretty cool but just not for me. It came with the car when I got it last year. Its the one that has a bar going across the 2 front doors but have pins and hinges on them so they can either swing open for easy access or be taking out. I ride with those bars out ever since I got my ride.
Oh yea forgot to mention you have to remove both front seats and rear.

Good luck I hope this helps. If you interested in one and your local I can sell you mine. I get tons of compliments, but I just rather have the light bar. Not into dragging so what’s the point.

blockhead said:
Well I have one on my 2000 GT vert and I plan on selling it. How much? Don’t now yet. But I do know you have to peel back the carpet and cut open a round hole and a slit to the edge of the carpet. It’s just easier this way when you weld it down and close up the carpets it looks allot cleaner. As for the sides just behind the front seats you have to cut you’re inside quarter panel. The plastic cover, because the bars that run along the sides hit the corners of that. Its time consuming and can be a PITA. At the bottom welding points on the sides you also have to cut the carpet like you did in the front. The rear is not that hard. It’s probably the easiest part. As long as you have the seats removed should just slide into place.
The one I have is pretty cool but just not for me. It came with the car when I got it last year. Its the one that has a bar going across the 2 front doors but have pins and hinges on them so they can either swing open for easy access or be taking out. I ride with those bars out ever since I got my ride.
Oh yea forgot to mention you have to remove both front seats and rear.

Good luck I hope this helps. If you interested in one and your local I can sell you mine. I get tons of compliments, but I just rather have the light bar. Not into dragging so what’s the point.
where are you located?