vert sound systems

• Sponsors (?)

i have put 2 12's in a vert it was loud, your never going to have great sound in the car with the top down, too much volume for the sound to travel in your body. Get on 10 or 12" sub with a decent amp and you'll be fine

I had jl audio xr 6.5 component drivers in the doors and the tweeters mounted in the factory locations. I had made fiberglass speaker mounts for the doors(I don't know how to describe them, but i've seen them on here before) I made sure the speakers were sealed inside their pods(like a subwoofer) and I got trememdous bass response for a 6.5 speaker.

an ideal set up would be a rear seat delete with a sub enclosure built in. I think I will go with a 10" tube in the trunk.
I will let you guys know how it works out in the future.

I can speak to the Dynamat idea. I did my entire floorpan, inside of the rear quarters, roof, hatch, & doors w/ Dynamat Xtreme. There is virtually 0 road noise when everything is closed up. It really brought out the bass. I have 6½" Infinity Kappa Components in the doors and 6x8" Infinity Kappa Components in the rear. The mids and high's are BRILLIANT and there is almost enough bass. I still plan on adding a single 10" sub in a custom fiberglass enclosure.

For a vert w/ a trunk, I would still recommend and custom fiberglass sub enclosure....maybe one that fires at the back of the back seat toward the front of the car? That would make sure you heard it. Oh, and even if you decide not to Dynamat the whole car, at least do the trunk and make sure your license plate doesn't rattle when the bass hits. please.

on another note I broke out my futurama DVD's last night.
did you ever see the one where leela met another cyclops and moved in with him?
it was a total married with children knock off. his name was Al and she was sporting the big hair and stretchie pants. they even had that hideous couch. it was awesome!

i would go with a single 10 or 12 in the spare tire area. bass tubes suck imo, i have only ever heard one or two that sound good, and dont face it forward. if you face the sub forward and shove it up against the back of the seat you are going to muffle it, a sub needs a box, but it also needs a second area with some open air to perform. the trunk will actually act like a second box and help it hit better, if you put it against the seat its going to sound like crap, belive me i have tried about every angle possible in a trunk with a normal box.

But its HDTV, it has higher resolution than real life.

But yeah Clay a Bazooka would be great because when you need the trunk it comes out really easy :nice: Also sound deadning a vert helps but the best is to get a sound absorbant roof liner made. Dode had one in hiz Z28 and it made a huge difference. Also be sure to go with a Digital or class "D" amp for the sub since it will draw alot less current and as we all know Fox charging systems are not that great :(

nvr2lo, the absolute best place for tubes in a trunk is fireing against a rear corner apx 8-12" away. Any sub will sound better pointed backwards in a vehicle. Also smaller subs such as 10" sound better IN the car where 15s are better to be heard outside the car. Low frequencies mean long waves and a 30hz tone wont hit you in the car if the sub is facing foreward, it needs to bounce that tone off the rear wall so the frequencys length will be inside the car.
Hope that helps.

there was stereo stuff ALL over this car. this is what i ran for years...

tweeters in dash, door speakers with cross overs, rears with cross overs, all the bass from the subs and little kicker things under the seat for bass, changer in the rear w/ a capacitor

276083_2_full.jpg

20963.jpg

and this is what i pulled out...

21117.jpg

IMO, a single 10" would be fine

nvr2lo, the absolute best place for tubes in a trunk is fireing against a rear corner apx 8-12" away. Any sub will sound better pointed backwards in a vehicle. Also smaller subs such as 10" sound better IN the car where 15s are better to be heard outside the car. Low frequencies mean long waves and a 30hz tone wont hit you in the car if the sub is facing foreward, it needs to bounce that tone off the rear wall so the frequencys length will be inside the car.
Hope that helps.

15's are slow and sloppy and just make a bunch of rattling

Hope that helps.

thats what i said right, point it towards the back? your not explaining anything i didnt know other than a bass tube is good. every one i have heard sounds like crap, thats why i said one 10 or 12, not 15's, i also said put them in the spare tire area or face them back.

Yeah, and I was just agreeing with you and expanding on the info :shrug:
1991Vert- Is it that hard to use some forked terminals on the wires :bang:
Sorry, always been a pep-peve of mine kthxby :leaving:

Yeah, and I was just agreeing with you and expanding on the info :shrug:
1991Vert- Is it that hard to use some forked terminals on the wires :bang:
Sorry, always been a pep-peve of mine kthxby :leaving:

Seeing as though I didn't wire the car, yes, it would be kind of tough to travel back in time and use forked terminals. Everything has since been removed

This picture should float your boat...
21116.jpg

Please tell me thats not cardboard, or that 1/8" pannel board. Thats a great cone in there but it sure has been manhandled. And sorry I didnt realize it was not your work, my bad. The wires were in there pretty good but still I always use terminals. I like alot of the better ampd like Rockford Powers or JL slash series cause the are designed for straight wire :nice: