Very hot cockpit!

chuckystang

Jul 12, 2004
:mad: Does anyone else here have alot of heat coming into the cockpit from the gas pedal area and shifter area near the e-brake? Recently after a long 3 hour drive up here in New England when it was actually hot for a change, ever since then I have noticed that no matter the temperature outside, cold or hot, there is an abnormal amount of heat flowing into the cockpit area. All the temperature gauges still seem to read normal and the cooling fan still comes on quite often as it should in the summer and there is plenty of coolant and no loss of performance, but Im trying to figure out where this heat is coming from and why. It seems more like its from the tranny than the engine. The tranny fluid was just changed a few months along with the clutch. I can hear there is some problem with the t/0 bearing but I cant imagine that it could create any heat. The lower dash near your knees while driving gets actually very hot.
Just wanted to see what you all have experienced and thought

• Sponsors (?)

ya i noticed if i have any ac on at all, the heat doesnt come through, even putting up the windows helps for some reason. but on a 90 degree day with dam humidity for more than a few hours can just make you sweat like its goin outa style. i think you can get a work with these cars too when you factor in a heavy duty clutch and some good ol fashioned stop light to stop light fun :D