Very Odd Problem Someone PLZ Help Me

MyCARneedsHelp

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2002
Plainfield,IL
Its a 88 GT Auto, Motor was just rebuilt pan to intake. Still Speed Density also

My problem is that while i drive the car feels jumpy. Its not that it shakes but feels like im getting rear ended millions of times. When i hit the gas hard it goes away and the motor takes off fine... and fast :p . When it idles it idles high then lowers to about 700 then is fine... after about 2 minutes and it gets warm the idle shoots up/ then down till it about dies. BUT...

I just replaced my t.p.s, radiator,rad cap and put some bbk shortys on. Would anything i bough be faulty? :shrug:

Also when i drive somtimes the car lags and ill give it more gas and still will continue to go slow until i punch it, then i hear a loud bang and it takes off fine :shrug: ... Im not exactly sure if this is more then 1 problem but you guys are the best. :( - Andy

• Sponsors (?)

aod tranny needs to go. or maybe the TV cable needs to be adjusted. take it to a tranny shop and have them look at the cable. if it is out of whack for long it will destroy the tranny

no tat would be something on the throttle body i think it's the cai. it needs to be taken off and decarbonized or cleaned. i really don't know about all this efi stuff. that is why i got a carb system

no tat would be something on the throttle body i think it's the iac. it needs to be taken off and decarbonized or cleaned. i really don't know about all this efi stuff. that is why i got a carb system I MEANT IAC not cai

cheapest thing you can try is to take off you CAI up to the tb. open up the tb and spray some carb cleaner into the tb. get a shop rag and reach in and wipe out all you can reach in the tb. If you want, take off the tb completely and clean it this way, then take your rag and clean as much into the intake as you can. I had a very jumpy idle on '90 and a guy at advance told me to do this. It would almost die on me as well. Tried this lil trick and it ran PERFECT. I have to do it every 6-8 months... for some reason I tend to build up a lot of crap in my tb :(.

if you are going to do it this way do not use carb cleaner because it can eat off the special coating inside the TB. that is why on the can it says not to use it. they make special TB cleaners for this. i don't know what the coating is for but it is there for some reason.