Vibration at low and high speed

GoneBrokeRacing

Nov 16, 2000
I have a 91 lx 5.0 Coupe Automatic w/ 150,000 miles on it.
When I had the stock pony's and Kumho 245-50-16 I had no vibrations.
But where I worked I never had the car over 60mph.
I changed my car over to 5-lug the front was done first. I used Lincoln rotors and 1986 Svo rims the tire are Goodyear American eagle 235/55/16 they are T rated tires (dont shoot me got them for 30 bucks each new) again i never got it over 60 mph until i had the back swapped over to 5-lugs
I used moser axles and new ranger drums. But at the same time I put in used 3.73 gears (they make some noise) while the car was up in the are a buddy said my rear shock was blown out but because I want to put adj. shock on the back I haven't worried about.
I also used Svo rims for the back but because the Svo rim have a deep back spacing I had to remove the quad shocks.
I drove the car for about a month before I started noticing a vibration that was very bad at around 80mph bad enough that I could feel it in my lower back and my hands would go to sleep on the way to work. The vibration is so bad it feels like the front end is shaking up and down I noticed the vibration seems to change with temperature and weather.
After the vibration started I put 4) 1/4 inch spacers 2 on each said this was so I could put my quad shock back on. After that I noticed the vibration wasn't that bad.
I work at a tire center so I balanced and rotated my tire a lot and the alignment is good.
I've had dealing with customer that say there mechanics say the tire are out of round thats what there vibration is, So my boss replaces them and the customer comes back with the same problem a week later and on another set of tires go. I then tell them if they still have the problem then one or more of there rims a bent.
So I was thinking maybe its my rim that is bent they are old. So i put on a set
Of 95 pony rims I just swapped my old tire over. The vibration now isn't that bad. but it is still there.
I also sometimes when i brake the dash and steering wheel shake alittle and now i seem to feel alot more road imperfections at low speeds 15-40mph

What the hell is happening. Please info.

• Sponsors (?)