Vibration starting @ 2k rpm plus

Me and a friend built a 308 w/ roush 200 64cc 2.02/1.90 iron heads, E-303 cam, and 1.7rr. Well since neither knew how to check for piston-to- valve clearance, I wanted to go with a 1.6rr to be safe but he decided to go with 1.7rr b/c he had them already and didn't want to spend any more money. Well he ended up taking to another guy which told him that he needed longer pushrods thats why we couldn't get the valve adjusted right.Well this was about a year ago, now he says that at about 2k plus rpm there is a vibration even on neutral, he thinks it's the crank but doesn't want to spend money maching it. He mention on buying a new short block, which I think its a mistake.

I think he did some damage to the valves but just doesn't want to admit it. I offer him to do a compression test but he refuse b/c it was a waste of time. Has anybody ran a setup like this and had no problems with piston-to-valve clearance? By the way, it's a stock short block with stock pistons.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think p-v clearance contact or problems is going to cause a literal vibration...I'm sure it is based more in his rotating assembly if it is internally based...It could just be his harmonic balancer?