Vic Jr or AFR 205's

Which heads for my current engine?

• Edelbrock Victor Jr's

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • AFR 205's

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

yah me either but i would like to get my current engine to 400+. The 408 i want 500+. i need to find out about clearence i guess. Correct me if i am wrong isn't there a way to have pistons cut for valve reliefs when they are in the car?

86bluecobra said:
yah me either but i would like to get my current engine to 400+. The 408 i want 500+. i need to find out about clearence i guess. Correct me if i am wrong isn't there a way to have pistons cut for valve reliefs when they are in the car?

Yea,but its not the best way.....

You can either #1,stuff some rags in there and use a die grinder and a light touch,or #2 you can get a fly cutter that mounts in the head (witch of course means you got to take a couple valves out).

Isky makes the valve cutting tool,and of course you can take it to a mahcine shop and they MAY be able to do it.

86bluecobra said:
is there a head gasket that could make up the difference?

Cometic can be stacked (you add in an extra inner layer) to what ever hieght you need.

And you can also get coppers in pretty thick.

Only you got to watch you dont ruin your quench area,that will cause some detonation.

ugg i just found something else out. i am either only running 8.18 compression or at the most 9.06. now to imput new info into desk top dyno and my new hp rating is.......... 351hp with the 9 to 1 and 333 ponies with the 8.2 to 1. ugg now i'm even more disipointed with my car. no wonder i can only run 11's. (LOL)