Engine Vortech Fox Oil mess!!

Bdb92Vert

Sep 27, 2023
Florida
Hi everyone! I’m new here and desperately in need of some advice. I recently purchased a 92 foxbody vert supposedly a 331 stroker. But that’s neither here nor there. Car does have SVE heads, Trickflow upper and lower manifold. and a Vortech V2 car starts up and drives fine but it’s a complete smoke show down the road. As soon as you rev the car from idle you see oil coming out of the Breather on the valve cover. I’ve checked and changed the PCV I did notice it’s missing the mesh screen inside. I don’t know if that has something to do with it. Please if anyone has any experience with these blower 5.0s please help. Thank you.

Attachments

• 9DE1C5E3-C0E7-4355-86AE-890F6D03D4FF.jpeg
    9DE1C5E3-C0E7-4355-86AE-890F6D03D4FF.jpeg
    598.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Sponsors (?)

Agree with karthief. There is no way to know where to start so, you have to start at the beginning.

On a side note: That same breather on the valve cover tells me that your PCV system is not operating.

Just get it into your mind that a pretty good portion of the engine is probably going to have to come apart. If it were me, I'd pull the blower system out and run the car N/A until I was satisfied that it was all in good order.

Get one of these as soon as possible:

Amazon product ASIN B000EW0KHW
View: https://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3145-Ford-Digital-Reader/dp/B000EW0KHW/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=obd1+code+reader&sr=8-2

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
In the picture there is no MAF in the discharge pipe between the blower and the TB. I guess it could be in the inlet air piping between the (I am guessing here) filter element in the inner fender and the the inlet on the blower.

Start by disabeling the PCV as well. You can put a breather in the PCV hole. The hose from the TB to the valve cover already appears to be eliminated. That's what I had to do to stop the blower from pressurizing the cranckcase.

Start by disabeling the PCV as well. You can put a breather in the PCV hole. The hose from the TB to the valve cover already appears to be eliminated. That's what I had to do to stop the blower from pressurizing the cranckcase.
Yikes. It might surprise you to know that I run a fully functioning and closed PCV system with boost. I installed two hardware store air/oil separators and made some other changes to help with the other cover but it all works.

I had two goals at the time I did it: 50 state legal (I was active military) and keeping moisture scavenged from the oil (climate dictates severity)

As a last resort, I might eliminate the PCV system... or a drag car. It seems like if there is [that much] blow-by then there might be another issue.

Reactions: 1 user
You have a point. My suggestion is how we used to stop the blower from pressurizing the crank case back in the 90's.

However, my advice still stands as far as figuring out the cause of the blow by. It is completely feasible right now that boost is getting past the pcv and pressurizing the crank case. Take that out of the equation to make sure the motor is ok AND get rid of the current vacuum leak the breather is introducing.

If the motor is OK, then a functional PCV sysyem could be designed if he chose.