vortech maxflow powercooler/aftercooler

bdog9seclx

Dec 22, 2005
atl
Anyone with a vortech have any experience with this vortech aftercooler? any thoughts or comments appreciated. Bought one for a good deal and have just built a boss302 based 347 with t trim @ 550 hp street application. Wondering if there is a heat soak issue in summer and also curious if anyone has run meth inj and aftercooler.

• Sponsors (?)

I personally don't think you would really benefit from the aftercooler. You won't be running a ton of boost and your intake temps won't be that crazy. A guy I know has a 331 ysi combo and made over 700 rwhp non intercooled and drives the car everywhere. My buddies car has been 9.30's w/ a non intercooled 331 x trim setup and street drove that car a few thousand miles a year. Heck, Bart Tobner went 8.16 non intercooled in his renagade car last year (Granted that is strickly a race car). As far as methanol, it's just another tuning headache if you ask me.

I personally don't think you would really benefit from the aftercooler. You won't be running a ton of boost and your intake temps won't be that crazy. A guy I know has a 331 ysi combo and made over 700 rwhp non intercooled and drives the car everywhere. My buddies car has been 9.30's w/ a non intercooled 331 x trim setup and street drove that car a few thousand miles a year. Heck, Bart Tobner went 8.16 non intercooled in his renagade car last year (Granted that is strickly a race car). As far as methanol, it's just another tuning headache if you ask me.

I have around 420 on a mustang dyno, 13 lbs and non intercooled. Been running non intercooled for around 6 years now not a single problem :nice:

Done h/c/i since and not a single issue from the heat that I could see :nice:

I would love an aftercooler, but if tuned properly it can be manageable without.

mine is a new boss 302 rCEBLOCK 347 WITH ALL FORGED INTERNALS...215cc heads with a decent amount of work done porting valve job so he said they are more like 220cc...I have trick flow r intake 75mm tb and 48lb injectors. The motor just got assembled this week and picked it up!!!its a beauty. I picked the aftercooler up for 700+ and figured for street car would be nice to have to help with detonation after my last strim was a bitch with head gaskets etc.. my builder estimates with blower cam and ttrim to see anywhere from 550-625 hp. its a 2.95 pulley with 7 inch crank pulley so no idea what boost ill see..I have the mondo bov and power pipe as well. Ive heard i dont need the btm and fmu with a good tune but waiting to hear from tim matherly of MV in GA. anyone know of this? Wondering if a lightning MAF will suffice. he suggest the Abaco MAF which is big money but has usb port to tune. Hopefully Lightning will be fine. I figured the aftercooler will be nice insurance since i had the money at the time. I want to have everything i plan on building now since the tune will have to be updated accordingly.

ttop i have a mini tubbed 91 lx with a bennett stroker 396 all billet going in one day $$$ has ladder bars and 9 inch with 456 grears...gonna do a glide with 300+ shot. when i retire lol big money i need a block tranny heads upper intakes etc...big dreams

COME TO FIND OUT THE AFTERCOOLER ONLY SUPPORTS UP TO 500 HP..SO IF ANY OF YOU ARE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW ILL SELL IT TO YOU FOR WHAT i PAID. aLSO HAVE THE MONDO BOV VALVE THAT ITS PROVISION FOR.