Vortech V3 Si Supercharger Question

Billy Frank

Sep 15, 2013
I recently bought a vortech v3 si trim supercharger kit from jegs. It says it makes 7-9psi but supercharger can max at 22psi. My question is what pulley sizes would I need to make more boost? I've searched google and can't find sizes of pulleys and belt that I would need. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

first question, how are you tuning?
second, whats the rest of your setup
third, whats your fuel system consist of
fourth, do you have any experience with a boosted car?

Don't take that the wrong way, not meant to be degrading at all, just making sure you know what you're getting into before turning up the wick!

Billy, I just saw your previous post where you mentioned the car is a dart 347, so i'd just be looking at your fuel system, and get a fresh tune once you figure out the pulley sizing. Sorry, im no help with that

I have High Velocity Motorsports tuning it on dynojet dyno.
I have 347 stroker with GT-40X heads, 1.6 roller rockers, Dart Block, 60lb injectors, 400lph Walbro fuel pump
My tuner just told me the kit I bought will only put out 7-9 psi and was wondering how to get more boost

best thing to do is install the supercharger and bring it to someone who knows how to dyno tune. ditch the fmu and have them tune it for you. You may want a few tunes- a safe street tune and a race tune.

You can run rich all day with a blower but lean once.