Vt 1s or 2s n/a cams

mineralgraygt

Jan 4, 2006
nj
ok im looking for some of your guys opinion on what i should get. as of right now i have every bolt on that you can get, and im looking into staying n/a for a while. i was planing on going with the 1s but i kinda wanted i guess the little more agressive idle i guess. from what i have seen on the site is that every one that dynos between the ones and the twos dyno about the same give or take 2 or 3 with stock heads. my heads are stock now and im not planing on get new ones anytime soon. so enough of me rambling on i want know what some of you thing

• Sponsors (?)

I have the stage 1's and they work great, no real power lost down low and you feel the power all the way up to redline (6200+ if u push it hard)!! Stage 2's you lose low end and the power really shows itself in the high rpm range (about 10 rwhp difference, someone correct me if im wrong), where in most cases its not the best case scenario for a stock block. My two cents.

p.s. you have to change the springs for stage 2's

I have the stage 1's and they work great, no real power lost down low and you feel the power all the way up to redline (6200+ if u push it hard)!! Stage 2's you lose low end and the power really shows itself in the high rpm range (about 10 rwhp difference, someone correct me if im wrong), where in most cases its not the best case scenario for a stock block. My two cents.

p.s. you have to change the springs for stage 2's

no you are correct is about a 10HP diff. up top

With the VT stage one cams you get a excellent gain and
will not have to get new valve springs. :nice: :nice:

and true with the stg 2's you'll need to upgrade the springs and gears will be required

yea i forgot to add that about doing valve springs. i would do it my self but i know it would be another headache. see thats what i was afraid of loosing power down low with the 2s but i guess you gain it up top. i guess i gonna stick with the ones probably thanks guys

Gears are required for stage 2's?

Does that mean that 4.30's are too much for a stage 1? I am in need of big power up top for last part of 3rd and 4th (since I'm in it just past the 1/8th)

Sorry not to hi-jack but thought this was a needed question. I too am looking to cam my car but am doing it first to be sneaky. But I would like to benefit in the long run. Obviously low end loss doesn't effect me as much with 4.30's but need to know how everyone thinks they will respond with the smaller stage 1's. Ps done mind changing springs. Just want to do it right the first time.

I say get some stage 12's where you have to keep your foot on the gas pedal to keep the car from stalling everytime you're at a stoplight. Sounds awesome :D

Seriously though, i say go with the stage 1's and save time and you can't really rev that high on stock internals to get the full benefit of the 2's.