Want loud with stock cats-Jade, I did search, really!

livenfine

Jun 9, 2003
My wife likes the way my '90 sounds with O/R H + Flowmaster 2 chambers. Loud and strong. She'd like the same sound in her '95, but we race her car in autocross and have to keep the stock cats.

I'm leaning towards one chamber flow masters or bullets. Any thoughts on how to recreate the same sound of my '90?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

aint goin to happen but i would go spintech they are very loud and sound awesome i have bullets with the stock cats and well it aint to loud i mean it does sound good but its not loud dont let people tell you they are really really loud cuz they arent

you'll never get the same sound with cats versus no cats,on a personal note i've never liked the sound of 1chambers but thats a personal opinion.i changed my flowmasters with dump pipes to a dynomax catback,no sound change whatsoever.i hope my new 2cat pipe will sound a little better(just arrived today)

ur probaly not going to get the exact sound, not really sure what it soudns like never really heard one but i would do a 2chamb turndown and maybe put a cam on it if u can, thats what my car has and there is no on ein the world who would not like the sound of my car lol not bragging but it sounds sick

I run Dynomax Bullet's behind my 408 with an X-Pipe & dump's and they are VERY loud and sound wicked..... mainly because of the absence of cat. convertors and the fact that there is 10.8:1 Compression/ decent cam & head's present. On an internally stock engine the Bullet's wont be terribly loud and at time's are known to produce a "Farm Truck," type sound at certain RPM's. At high RPM's they sound simply awesome no matter what the engine combo. They are a race muffler and need a fairly radical engine to get the true sound potential out of them.
Alot of people seem to be going to Spintech's these day's so I'd maybe give them a shot and run dump's at the same time.... should sound awesome. No matter what muffler you use running dump's usually provide an awesome exhaust note.