wat rim/tires are these?

68blackv8

Jun 5, 2007
i like the look of the tires in this pic even though the rims arnt really visible thats the kinda stance i want from my stang. so what rim and tire combo would make it happen like this?(i think there all black rims)

and ona side note my 68 has only 4 lugs...i dnt think disc brakes will be in the future and adapters are to expensive...what should i do cuz the stockers are ugly

View attachment 374799

• Sponsors (?)

so what about the rims? they dnt gotta be the same or even close but what should i do because i want better rims but my car is only 4 lug(one in the pic is prolly five but i have four :( )

i have some 5 lug rims, what if i was to get some adapters for them? would it be okay? any feedback from these? i know people say the wheel spacers are dangerous but idk bout conversions.

Wheel spacers are fine, but if you're looking to get decent-size rims and tires that don't hit, try going with a 15x7 wheel with 4 3/8" backspace. Add 245/50-15 tires and it will look like the rear of the car in the pic, except they'll tuck in better (I'd bet the house those tires hit the fenders). Those look like 8" rims to me, likely with about 3 3/4" of backspace.

so should i get some 4 lug to 5 lug converters/adapters....

or find a four lug rim?

anyone done this conversion or know where i could get some good quality ones that dont dent the wallet so much?

it does have a v8 and i dnt really plan to keep the car just going for better looks to sell it faster. i dnt know alot bout this car except that it is mickey moused together. in reality its a pos with alot of random parts put together. but so much fun to drive.

If you are selling the car to someone who doesn't know jack squat then the rims are a better way to spend your money. I've actually heard people say they bought a car because they liked the rims that were on it.

If you are going to try and sell the car to anyone who knows about these cars then the v8 suspension is going to be what you want to put into the car. That being said, if you freshen up the suspension, you may find you like the car a lot more.

If you are selling the car to someone who doesn't know jack squat then the rims are a better way to spend your money. I've actually heard people say they bought a car because they liked the rims that were on it.

If you are going to try and sell the car to anyone who knows about these cars then the v8 suspension is going to be what you want to put into the car. That being said, if you freshen up the suspension, you may find you like the car a lot more.

ive got rims just need converters(where can i get sum?)
orwhere can i get good 4 lug ones?

how could i get a v8 suspension put in?

I'm sure you could get a set off of ebay for cheap. I bought my wheel spacers for 50 bux plus shipping for a pair.

Do you do any work on your own car or would you be paying someone to do the suspension. What level of mechanical experience do you have ?

ive seen sum convertes on ebay for 150 but not for a 68

i do all the work on my car but 2 members of my family are highly experienced adn will help out then and again. i myself am alright but i do know alot. was going to get disc brakes off a cougar but dnt have alot of time and the kits are well over 500$