Water pump blues

• Sponsors (?)

deftsound said:
done, mileage is roughly 85000 cant get an exact on that, but im thinkin regardless if i do it myself and buy the intake manifold for 150$ off ebay i can make a nice 500$ from ford :)
I was just reading that the reimbursement date was extended until like april so you need to check into it before doing it yourself. Otherwise just let ford do it for free.

so let me get this straight, Since my car is still under the recall date the ford dealership will fix it right? How does it work and what documentation do i need to show them?

oooo and are they gonna give me **** since i have an offroad pipe?

deftsound said:
so let me get this straight, Since my car is still under the recall date the ford dealership will fix it right? How does it work and what documentation do i need to show them?

oooo and are they gonna give me **** since i have an offroad pipe?

no they won't care about your off road pipe. If you bring it to the dealer they will fix it for free. If you try and do it yourself and seek a refund you better hurry that is coming to a end soon.

svttech76 said:
No i mean bleeding

when you drain the coolant out of the system and add coolant you need to remove the air pockets afterwards. I use a cooling system bleeding tool that uses compressed air. but at home you can fill it then run it with the heat on the vent so you can feel when it gets hot. you will have to rev the motor up a little (1500-2000 ) rpm's or so and break up the pockets. this may take awile and you will have to add more coolant. be carefull some coolant can overflow out the bottle when doing this.

in that write up killy linked you see how he says the level droped after a few days and he had to add another quart.

that was air. he still had some air in the system.

Interesting - I'm going to read your posts carefully from now on as I've learned a thing or two. I wonder why what you just posted is NOT in the instructions included with my Vortech kit . . . I guess I just got lucky, because I didn't bleed my coolant system at all after the installation.

Stangnet needs more guys like this . . .

damacman said:
Interesting - I'm going to read your posts carefully from now on as I've learned a thing or two. I wonder why what you just posted is NOT in the instructions included with my Vortech kit . . . I guess I just got lucky, because I didn't bleed my coolant system at all after the installation.

Stangnet needs more guys like this . . .

thanks man :)

I don't know why instructions don't mention bleeding, But it is VERY important. IF you do not bleed the system trapped air pockets can cause hot spots,overheating and detonation an lead to a engine failure.

ford shop manuals mention bleeding.