water spots - scoop

ninety1gt

Aug 27, 2005
san antonio
does anyone else with a 07+ stang with stock hood scoop get a water fall of spots after everytime they wash there car, it seems no mater how many times i dry my car within a good 30 minutes water always dribbles down leaving spots, is there suppost to be some kind of seal between the hood and scoop. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

If I wash my car at home, I dry the scoop and honeycomb areas of the car with a leaf blower. Otherwise, the car wash I go to has an air chamois. Otherwise, yes, it'll leak everywhere.

I don't have a hood scoop on this one, but I had one on my last mustang. I always would dry the car and just take it for a spin around the block. That would at least release 99% of the water. I would dry it again and have no problems with water spots.

I'd raise the hood and get the water to drain out of the rear of the scoop.

I also have that MR clean auto detailing gun that deionizes the water. I spray the crap out of the scoop with it and then lift the hood to drain it. Anything that comes out dries spot free but silver is a very easy color to hide spots.

Lifting the hood is a good idea, hadn't thought of that. I just take a dry micro fiber towel and let it soak up the water. Have the same problem with the spoiler if I open the trunk to wipe the lid down, I wrap towels around that too..If you love the car you do what you can.:shrug::flag:

i know they look cool, but when i bought my 07 i was very explicit on no appearance package for just that reason. That is the only thing i hated about my 02 was trying to dry that damn fake hood scoop.

However how i did it was take the air nozel on the air compressor and blow the into it as if i was driving. However the honeycombs were smaller on those so then i would have bugs and crap coming out that the hose didn't' get, it was just a chore that don't miss.