Wax..

• Sponsors (?)

I am sure they are decent products but, don't be taken in by the marketing. Teflon isn't going to do a darn thing for you. If you want to try something pick up some Meguiars NXT Tech Wax and Tech Wash. You should be able to find it at any auto parts store or discount store like WalMart or Target.

What I found to work absolutely amazing for me was this process.

Step 1: Mr. Clean Autodry car wash with included soap. (Used a sponge to rub it in)
Step 2: Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish
Step 3: Meguiar's Gold Class Wax

You should try it :)

Gold Class and NXT have different looks. Gold Class is more of a clear reflective look whereas NXT darkens the paint giving a carnauba gloss and shine. Gold Class is a carnauba/polymer blend whereas NXT is a pure polymer. They are just different. NXT is going to be more durable than Gold Class. I definitely wouldn't say Gold Class is "better" than NXT. The look is purely subjective but, in every other way NXT is superior to Gold Class.

Here's a pic of my car after the process I outlined above.

shine2.jpg

Not trying to put your car down but, it is easy to get a reflection shot like that in a garage. The pictures that are most accurate are taken in full sun with no shade whatsover. Photographers have long known about the best lighting to get the most impressive look on a car finish. It is called the Golden Hour which is about an hour before sunset. It is a bit deceptive though as it will actually make the finish look better than it would actually look in person. For the truest pictures you need to take the picture in full sun with no shade whatsover.

As an example here is a shot I just took of my Mustang in the garage. It is rather dirty and hasn't been washed in days.

29951DSC00035.jpg

By the way it is wearing NXT Tech Wax :nice:

Here is a shot of my GT in full Floirda sun wearing Meguiars #7 topped with #26

2760bigfront726.jpg

rjstaaf said:
Not trying to put your car down but, it is easy to get a reflection shot like that in a garage. The pictures that are most accurate are taken in full sun with no shade whatsover. Photographers have long known about the best lighting to get the most impressive look on a car finish. It is called the Golden Hour which is about an hour before sunset. It is a bit deceptive though as it will actually make the finish look better than it would actually look in person. For the truest pictures you need to take the picture in full sun with no shade whatsover.

As an example here is a shot I just took of my Mustang in the garage. It is rather dirty and hasn't been washed in days.

29951DSC00035.jpg

By the way it is wearing NXT Tech Wax :nice:

:shrug: . Everyone knows you're the resident detailing expert anyway :nice:

rjstaaf said:
I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. Your finish does look awesome. Lets just see some pics of it out in the sun :) Nothing like a good shine on a black car :nice:

Yeah no harm done. I didn't take it in a negative way. You were just trying to help out silly34. I'll get some pics taken tomorrow ;). I was going to try NXT instead of Gold Class, but the NXT was too expensive :p .

If you want to try it give Meguiars a call and see if they will send you a sample. They have little sample packets of it that should be enough to do your entire car. That way you can see if you like it well enough to spend the dough to buy it :D

Silly34 said:
Ok so back to my questions!!

:)

B.

Silly34,

Yellow is about as hard as white to get a good shine out of. Here is a thread you might want to take a look at. It is a yellow Viper with NXT. The paint looks like it was just sprayed on minutes before the pictures were taken.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32378

Keep in mind that Meguiars has a 100% money back guarantee on their products. If you buy NXT and you find you don't like it they will give you your money back. Basically you have nothing to lose.

Here you go Bob. Happy? ;)

stang_gc05_sn.jpg

stang_gc08_sn.jpg

stang_gc09_sn.jpg

Those are all paint chips on my front bumper cover :( :( :( :(
I'm going to meet up with my friend one of these days who has alot of detailing equipment and we're going to fill them with touch up paint and smooth it out as best as we can.

szer0,

Looks great :nice: Ouch on the rock chips, have a few on my GT as well. I commute 2 hours a day in the GT and even though I am careful they still happen. Laser Red is pretty hard to touch up as it is a 3 stage paint and it is hard to get just the right combination to match the color :(