Weighed the fastback...

SandSprite

Feb 8, 2003
L.A., CA
Just thought I would let some of you know what my 65 fastback weighs-- 3140 lbs with me in it (~155 lbs) and stuff in the trunk. I weighed it at our local dump, I mean "Refuse Disposal Site." :p I should have weighed the front and rear separately too, but they were "officially" closed and I didn't want to bother the lady working there too much.
I have always wondered what these cars weigh-- I have seen the FORD published numbers, but I heard they weren't too realistic (gross vs. net weight). Anyway, I hope this helps someone. Details on the car are on my webpage-- see sig.

• Sponsors (?)

a buddy of mine brought over some scales one time, they were the kind that measured all 4 wheels ind. and could tell you what each corner weighed and the total weight. i weighed in at just under 3200 with me in it ~215;) it was a real eye-opener on how you dimesion a car for racing. my car will never be a racer but when i get more power and the cal-tracks i'll see about scaling my car again and getting some of the weight to the rear.

Hopefully, I will get to weigh my coupe sometime soon. I will take all the "junk" out of the back though. lol

I am expecting it to be around 2800 lbs. That's what most '65 V8 coupes seem to weigh.

SandSprite said:
Just thought I would let some of you know what my 65 fastback weighs-- 3140 lbs with me in it (~155 lbs) and stuff in the trunk. I weighed it at our local dump, I mean "Refuse Disposal Site." :p I should have weighed the front and rear separately too, but they were "officially" closed and I didn't want to bother the lady working there too much.
I have always wondered what these cars weigh-- I have seen the FORD published numbers, but I heard they weren't too realistic (gross vs. net weight). Anyway, I hope this helps someone. Details on the car are on my webpage-- see sig.

You can use a truck scale at a truck stop/gas station... They charge a couple of bucks & give you a stamped ticket with your weight on it. I weighed my old '67 Fastback 390/4spd & it came in at about 2800 lbs. I weighed my '70 Shelby 428/auto too but I forget what it was, I think close to 3800 lbs.. I'll have to see if I still have the forms. By the way, both times I had the car empty, no one sitting in it & a full tank of gas.

I grew up in a small(er) farming community, but I found that at night the local grain elevator spun the scale readout screen around so you could see it from the outside. It went in 20lb increments, and we had all the time in the world to measuere the total, front only and rear only weights. If you have on in your town, you might want to check it out.