Well i did,painted the chin!!

1low03gt

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 24, 2004
Cold Hell,Ontario,Canada!!
....Here is a few pics,not the best,but gives the idea.Will take pics of the whole car soon.
I did it myself.Turned out not to bad at all.Needs a couple more coats of clear,but i ran out of patients.Been doing this threw the week,and wanted to get it on to see what it looks like.So i will probably pull it off after next weekend to give a few more coats of clear.
What you guys think??:shrug:
100_0799.jpg

100_0793.jpg

How bout a pic with the BRA!!!! :D
IMG_0032.jpg

It'll look funny now when i put the bra on for the highway use,and the silver chin will be pocking out the bottom silver.LOL!!My stang's bra is for the GT,not the Mach.

• Sponsors (?)

youll lose those uniqueness points the first time you come up a driveway too fast and half the paint cracks off. i hope they properly prepped that surface and put extra flex in the paint.

looks good but i think it looks sweeter black.

With your color I think your car looks great with the painted
chin spoiler.Just be carefull of anything that mite scrap it or
hit it like a speed bump or a driveway.
The Eibach Sportlines make for a nice drop sure makes your
car look nice! :nice:

looks good man.

and he said he uses the bra for highway use, not everyday use. let the bra take that abuse, not the paint.

and atleast its the best bra out. i like the ones with the embroidered red mustang lettering. its the ones with mesh =:puke:

Thanks guys!!! :nice:
And yes,the bra is only highway use,i don't think i could use it for everyday....LOL!That pic was taken after getting off the highway for a couple of hours drive to an event last weekend.And since i had the facia repainted two summers ago,the bra takes the abuse. :)
As for chipping.Yeah it is a risk,but hey,i need a new chin spoiler either way anyways,and i wanted to see if i like it the same color as my stang.It does flex really good too,quite suprised actually.But if i were to scrape it,i think that is were it will chip away.
I do have some new pics i took today,will get them up tomorrow after work.

looks great. if i had the stock bumper and a chin spoiler i wouldnt go without painting it.

btw, shouldnt the chin go clear to the back of the bumper?

There are two ways to mount it: 1. flush with the back or 2. flush with the front. He chose the first. :nice:

Looks great bud! As most here know, i'm a huge fan of the painted chin. :rolleyes:

Just drive extra smart! The first little bump you hit WILL spider web your paint! Regardless of the amount of flex prep you put into it!!! Here's my carnage of my painted chin. This was after the 2nd time I painted it too! I finally gave up with the "original look" and went with an 03 cobra front. :p

IMG_1037.jpg

Oh how I miss the painted chin though...
CIMG2070.jpg

:flag:

Again thanks guys.Yeah,the chin placement.Long story,but ihere it is in short.I hit a racoon a few years back,had the front facia replaced,but kept the chin spoiler,it wasn't to bad then,but when they put the chin on the new facia,the lined it up from the front starting from the middle,and worked there way to the wheel openings.***** happens.As for the match,it matches ...... okey,it's dupla color paint,and correct Ford code,but not enough metallics,the clear seems to help it better with each coat,so i plan on taking it off and giving it a few more coats of clear.But it does the job until i decide for sure this is what i want and get it done professionally.:nice: