Well I wasn't impressed ....

RICKS said:
:lol: You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!! The only car you can point at is a turbo-charged four that sounds like a groundhog that ate too many tacos??? Style-wise, I don't find the car to be plain by any means. You just perceive it as plain, because all you can picture in your heads is scoops and more scoops. I'm sure that with the upscale models, some more "flair" will come along, and many GT owners will upgrade their cars to incorporate the new stuff. But Ford's taking it step by step. Everybody who buys a new car gets a little ticked when the next "new and improved" model replaces it. That is SMART BUSINESS!!!! Ford doesn't want you to keep the friggin car until you croak! They want you to see each new model, say "AWE MAN, I GOTTA HAVE THAT", and come trade up to the new one. It's called selling cars and maintaining strong sales. It's as though many here are bitching, though they don't really realize it, that Ford isn't dumber with their product planning, and long-term marketing strategies. They're doing this very smart. You may want scoops, but they know EXACTLY what they're up to.

ok u ruined yur post with that little smilie thing

again, where did i say i wanted scoops? u seem to be stuck on scoops. did a scoop shot your dog or sumthin?

i would like that car to have lines, to look agressive. theres just too much flat metal everywhere.

what does what kinda of car have to do with louder exhaust? u wanted an example, i provided one. there are plenty of others, but i KNOW that the str-4 has a loud exhust system.

• Sponsors (?)

ryanrule said:
ok u ruined yur post with that little smilie thing

again, where did i say i wanted scoops? u seem to be stuck on scoops. did a scoop shot your dog or sumthin?

i would like that car to have lines, to look agressive. theres just too much flat metal everywhere.

what does what kinda of car have to do with louder exhaust? u wanted an example, i provided one. there are plenty of others, but i KNOW that the str-4 has a loud exhust system.

Ok you don't want scoops. Exactly what to you would be needed to make it more agressive.

Isn't there something, oh I don't know... MANLY about being understated? Or would we rather be more like spastic peacocks as ricers are... What do the women prefer, I mean REALLY prefer. Yeah, I want the Mustang to look like that TUPPERWARE Chevy Avalanche, or the VERY cool looking new Durango, hi-tech, overproportioned vehicles that were probably styled by engineers instead of artists...
Very well put, I especially like the "spastic peacock". I think the aggressiveness of the styling is appropriate to the performance of the car. When you design a car to look meaner than it really is, you wind up looking just like a 140 pound pencil-necked punk dressed like a "gangster", you just look like a fool. With a 400+ horsepower Cobra, you've got enough performance to justify more "attitude" without looking like a poser. But with the 300 h.p. GT, I think it looks just right. As was just said, when your car LOOKS faster than it is, it just screams "rice", as that's the ricer recipe and lifestyle. As far as "aggressive" goes, you're being too narrow-minded. The GT (how many times must this be repeated :rolleyes: ) is NOT supposed to be the bad-a$$ scowling, mean looking hunter-gatherer of the Mustang lineup. It's supposed to be a performance model with broad appeal. If you made it more aggressive, it would scare off more customers than it would gain. Traditionally the GT has sold to more males than females, and I don't think that Ford intends for that to change, BUT.... Ford doesn't want to totally ALIENATE the female buyer and write them off. The GT is a good balance for a car that they want to sell 100,000 of, not 10,000 like the Cobra. Any good designer and artist will tell you, the trick is knowing when to put down the pencil and stop. Alot of the photchops I've seen the get ooh's and ahh's on here are examples where the photochopper really had a good thing going, but unfortunately just kept on going and kept on going past when they should have stopped, and they wind up with an overdone poser car. The GT looks comfortable in its skin. It doesn't promise with its styling what it can't deliver at the rear wheels. It's a different mindset. Some people spend all their dough on styling before they spend a penny on a K&N. Other people don't even think about turning up the wick on the aggressiveness of the style until they've got their car into the 12's. Everybody's different, but don't be silly and think that Ford's going to cater to either extreme's whims with the GT

I've driven an SRT-4 (not "str-4", as you keep mistakenly typing), and I didn't find it to be loud at all. Sounded like a weed-whacker, yes. But loud? I didn't think so. Maybe you heard one that had some aftermarket exhaust work done?? And man, all the incorrectly used u's in your posts, and all the cryptic street-lingo mis-spellings, it gives me a headache trying to decipher... Type in English, and I promise I'll try to be nicer...

RICKS said:
I've driven an SRT-4 (not "str-4", as you keep mistakenly typing), and I didn't find it to be loud at all. Sounded like a weed-whacker, yes. But loud? I didn't think so. Maybe you heard one that had some aftermarket exhaust work done?? And man, all the incorrectly used u's in your posts, and all the cryptic street-lingo mis-spellings, it gives me a headache trying to decipher... Type in English, and I promise I'll try to be nicer...

i dont post here to improve my grammar. most people dont care, and the ones that do need to take the stick out of their ass. i ive seen several around town, and they are def not quiet.

i suppose u like the styling of the gto too?

actually my brother owns one and I was at one of the showings of the car and it really didn't impress me. If you have questions about sound look to the gto as an example. It has a very loud exhaust note. You can be relatively quiet at idle and get some good sound later on.....Baffling technology can accomplish this.

Roger

i dont post here to improve my grammar.
Neither do I. I figured it out pretty well by the time I left high school.
most people dont care, and the ones that do need to take the stick out of their ass.
Do I? Damn, and it was a brand-new stick too. Awe Tarter Sauce!!
i suppose u like the styling of the gto too?
Don't like it, don't dislike it. It's like a Crown Vic. It's just there, doesn't look good OR bad, just adequate. Like Jane Pauley, not bad looking, could be alot of fun maybe, but not exactly somebody that I'd like to pin up in my garage in a bikini.