well ... it finally happened .. car took a crap on me

ZeroCulture

Founding Member
Feb 10, 2002
Thunder Bay
Well it seems that my car is coming off the road sooner than i thought. I was planning on driving it until late december, and then pulling it off right when the snow hits for the turboswap. My motor is about 75% complete. I still need a few more parts, intercooler/1 injector/clutch, and then i'll have to throw it all together.

On to the next part, my car (91 2.3 n/a hatch, 5spd) took a huge crapper tongiht. Rear engine seal disintegrated, dumping oil everywhere, clutch slipped like mad, car overheated, and the motor is finisihed. Funny thing is it clicked over 250,000 k just a couple days ago.

Oh well ... the motor has been good to me since i've owned it .. it's been burning alot of oil lately, i was hoping it would last to around 300,000, but what can you do?

Thats it for now!

-Andy

• Sponsors (?)

hah .. I'm going to see how long the T5 lasts with the 2.3T pushing it .. the clutch will die i know that ... i forsee a spec stg 2 or 3 in my future ... but other than that, everything else is staying!

I'm going to start stripping the interior next weekend, and see how much weight I can take out of it, I don't need a back seat, or the panneling. I like getting into my car with bare metal and wires hanging out the doors :) :spot:

Yah no kidding .. Dynomat is damn expensive ... i'll be skipping that step ... im thinking about coating eveything with por-15, and throwing the carpet on top. Road noise doesn't bother me .. nor does the lack of panneling ... I drove around in my old MX6 with only two front seats for two years.