Welp found out when "to cold" is "to cold"...

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Went to the track last night for the last Friday night racing to see what the cool weather would do. Low was suppose to be 33* or so. Got down there, got unloaded, temps around 40* and some car breaks at the finish line. About 45 min to hour later they start running in the opposite lane of the break and only are running 1 lane. No biggie I figure. So I get to burnout box, all but ready to burn out and some civic blew up halfway down track :mad: Really? By now temps down to upper 30's or so. After another 25 min. wait they go back to the 1st lane that had a break in it. So mind you, its been like 2 hours since a car has gone down this lane now, so its not warm, nothing! Of course I am the second car, the first car was a grandam:shrug: so he wasnt helping warm the track. I do a decent burn out....launch...spin 1st....spin 2nd....and 3rd....all on Et Streets....mind you it kept moving while spinning, wasnt a crazy spin but enough to get interesting....crossed the lines at 12.49 at 120.34 mph. So I am guessing the spinning factor played a role in the 120 trap, but maybe the cooler weather helped, but 60' was only 2.0 normally a 1.6'. Next pass you guessed it spun like a mother 1st 2nd again to a 12.5 at 118.7 with a 2.1 60' LOL. For some reason I got greedy and wanted to try a 3rd pass:shrug::(:nono: Talk about aborting a run, felt like the car was on ice....so oh well, Im done with cold track trips no and done for the season.....Next season gonna have some Et Drags along with tubular k-member and some suspension tweeks in search of 11.60's at 120!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Best time to go is during the day when its cool/cold. The sun helps keep the track sticky while the cool air helps the cars make power.

Our track used to move its test n tune day to saturday afternoon late in the season.