Went to the DRAGSTRIP saturday and i suck....i think

golfpro187ho

Oct 13, 2004
Maysville Ky
well i finally made it to the dragstrip to settle some scores with a guy from work...come to find out he didnt even show up...what a *****.....but n e ways....my first pass i missed 3rd gear..nothing but grindin...ran 15.7....then my 2nd pass i ran 14.8 on street tires spinning really bad off the line...there a hard ass tire some cheap brand champiro that was on it when i bought it,....lowered the psi to 29 before i ran them.......is this normal for just having 3.73 gears in a 5 speed with flowmaster exhaust???....i ran a few more times missing 3rd gear another time....and then i babied it when shifting to 3rd and ran 15.0......i know my driving sucks but can my clutch be going out or something or is it just my nerves trying to shift real quick under pressure....normal driving it shifts fine......so today i bought a pro 5.0 shifter off of ebay and some underdrive pulleys...should be here later this week hopefully....also bidding on some long mac long tube headers that i havnt won yet.....JUST CURIOUS IF THIS IS NORMAL OR AM I REALLY BAD DRIVER??? SOMEONE HELP ME OUT......
p.s...heres a few pics of the car with the stock wheels on it since i sold the 18s and got the speed buzz...now im spending the money 2 make it faster
picture0201qr.jpg
picture0231gr.jpg
picture0256wc.jpg

Attachments

• picture0201qr.jpg
    picture0201qr.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 75
  • picture0231gr.jpg
    picture0231gr.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 77
  • picture0256wc.jpg
    picture0256wc.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 66
  • Sponsors (?)

timeslips

just scanned the 3 best time slips thought id post them...so u think thats pretty good just having gears???....i wanna go low the next time hope the pulleys shifter and headers really help out...still havnt bumped my timing might do that 2...thanks guys for the input
1481ty.jpg
1501ow.jpg
1518ld.jpg
ps im hooked now cant wait 2 make it back 2 the strip :banana: :banana:
heres the link to the dragstrip i went to www.mpdragway.com

Attachments

• 1481ty.jpg
    1481ty.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 113
  • 1501ow.jpg
    1501ow.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 75
  • 1518ld.jpg
    1518ld.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 82
Drop those 60's even 1 tenth, and you'll be un the 14's. Drop them 2 tenths and you'll see some 14.7's and maybe a 14.6. Pulleys are good for a tenth, and that shifter should help you not miss a gear.

You do know that with those longtubes you have to switch out mid-pipes right? That should help you out quite a bit. My o/r h-pipe dropped 4 tenths off my 1/4!

Your 1/8 times are right around where mine were, but my MPH was just a little higher around 74-76. I had pretty much the same mods as you(diff mufflers + O/R H pipe), and U/D pullies. My car was full weight with two 12's in the trunk, and I know I could have picked up a little more time some weight reduction.

man....im in the same boat as you.....my first time at the track a couple of weeks ago, first run i missed 3rd hard, and ran a 14.4, then i missed 2nd hard and ran i think a 14.3......the last run, my CE light came on, and slowed my car down for some reason.....but it really sucks.....i guess the same thing is is normal for us, but knowing i have driven my car everyday for the last 3 years, then driving that horrible sorta pissed me off lol

hahah

dont feel bad...the track i went to had "Car Wars" and "Midnight Mayhem".....didnt do so great at the car wars got put out in the first round...with a redlight against a 4 door cavalier......but then midnight mayhem is from 12-4am they have open run grudge match do what u want pretty much....lots of ricers came down and were runnin 16s thinkin they were fast and i only got 2 runs before my battery light came on...burnt out my regulator on my alternator...it was shooting sparks out of it....and the thing is only like 4 months old from autozone.....had to take the alternator off the car and leave my car there until the next day so i could exchange it and replace it....pissed me off because i could have run 10 or 20 more times......funny story the guy we rode home with was my lil bros friend...he has a new neon srt 4 turbo..ran 14.6 all night we loaded up in his car with 5 people and 2 spare tires my alternator...as we were leavin talked him into takin another pass.....we smoked a 90s probe gt with some kid thinkin he was the ****...ran a 16.1 and he ran like 16.3...it was so hillarious....sux drivin a mustang gt there an ridin home cramped in the back of a neon hahahahah but it was all in fun...cant wait to go back next time and bust his ass :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thats a huge hood for a 15 sec car :lol:

Anyways thats not horrible, but not great either. Your 60' is decent for street tires, but 91mph is not stellar, especially with gears. Mine ran 14.9 @ 93.5mph with no silencer, k&n filter, and flowmaster weld-ins.

Get some dr's, and tune it up real good and it'll be good for low 14's if you can really bang the gears.

dont these cars run 15.2 stock?? My friend had a fox with stock longblock (200000 miles), full exhaust and a set of dr's he ran 14.1 and 14.6 w/o the dr's. I havent had mine to the track but ill let you know what i run when i do
Russell

just ordered....pro 5.0 short throw shifter...underdrive pulleys....and mac longtubes on ebay....are there ne other cheap bolt ons i can do without changin intake or heads??? pleas help me out i gotta go fast now...the cheaper the better....still havnt bumped my timing yet....but did a complete tune up (plugs, wires, rotor button, cap, k&n air filter) except for the fuel filter which is still in the trunk of my car a few months ago....let me know :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: