What a 66 rolling shell worth?

66mutha

Jun 10, 2008
I bought a 66 shell that I was going to restore but was a little worried about the A pillar on it. The A pillar were badly rusted. Well, I just picked up a 65 mustang and was going to use it as a donor car but realized it was a better candidate for a restore than the other one I have. It does need some major work but its something I can handle myself. My question is, I have this 66 shell that has some really good parts on it. Here is a list of all that is in good shape on it...

Perfect floor pans
Wheel wells
firewall
stock suspension with power steering
perfect dash frame
stock rear end.

What would something like this be worth if I sold it as is?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

C code Mustangs, especialy Coupes, are not worth as much as A or K code ones. The cost of restoring the one you describe would not be worth the effort unless an experienced body man was doing the work himself. With the A pillars being badly rusted chances are there are other hidden rust areas too. Now if it were a fastback then it would be worth something, mostly for the vin and title, since Dyncorp will be producing the 65/66 Fastback body shell in a few years. If they ever produce a Coupe shell then it will be worth something but so far they don't mention any plans for that.

C code Mustangs, especialy Coupes, are not worth as much as A or K code ones. The cost of restoring the one you describe would not be worth the effort unless an experienced body man was doing the work himself. With the A pillars being badly rusted chances are there are other hidden rust areas too. Now if it were a fastback then it would be worth something, mostly for the vin and title, since Dyncorp will be producing the 65/66 Fastback body shell in a few years. If they ever produce a Coupe shell then it will be worth something but so far they don't mention any plans for that.

I understand that. I was thinking more on the lines of it being a good donor car.