What are some good, inexpensive rear control arms?

1988WHTGT said:
I've had X2C Motorsports Upper and Lowers on my car for 3 years now and they've been fine...no wheel hop at all...and they were cheap
ME too, we were the lucky ones that didn't get taken. As far as UPR copying everyone's designs... If I can get a quality product (I have never had any problems with their products either) at a cheaper price... why shouldn't I? They are even made in the USA.

• Sponsors (?)

smittyb said:
ME too, we were the lucky ones that didn't get taken. As far as UPR copying everyone's designs... If I can get a quality product (I have never had any problems with their products either) at a cheaper price... why shouldn't I? They are even made in the USA.

True, but it just seems alittle immoral, to take someones hard work, something they've put alot of thought and effort into and taking advantage of them not having a patent and making the exact same product and putting your name on it and making it alittle cheaper. I personally would rather buy from the original person who thought of the part and pay alittle more. It'll probably be a despute like the argument about buying parts made in china. I could give a **** less where its made, some people say the typhoon intake and cobra intake are a big POS because its made in china, I say its a good quality part and cheap.

mob said:
True, but it just seems alittle immoral, to take someones hard work, something they've put alot of thought and effort into and taking advantage of them not having a patent and making the exact same product and putting your name on it and making it alittle cheaper. I personally would rather buy from the original person who thought of the part and pay alittle more. It'll probably be a despute like the argument about buying parts made in china. I could give a **** less where its made, some people say the typhoon intake and cobra intake are a big POS because its made in china, I say its a good quality part and cheap.
I can see what you are saying, but look at your own ideas. The typhoon is a cheap knockoff of an Edelbrock, and it is a good quality cheap part to you.

smittyb said:
I can see what you are saying, but look at your own ideas. The typhoon is a cheap knockoff of an Edelbrock, and it is a good quality cheap part to you.

Yea I realised that after I posted, lol but idk, it just seems different to me, when a company searches all around to find other peoples ideas, ALOT of upr's parts are exactly the same as others, and the typhoon intake is a copy of the rpm but it dosent perform as well, the rpm ranges are different as well, sorta seems like nissan compared to Infiniti, but in reality I guess it is the same thing.

I got a set of Granatelli Upper and Lower control arms on Ebay for like $150. They have poly bushings and gease fittings. World of differnce....zero wheel hop. I also upgraded my quad shocks to KYB's.
It's not worth throwing money into adjustables that you are never going to use. Get a non adjustable that is allready set at prime and your good to go.
My .02

Those Pro3 and D&D arms look nice... is it really worth the extra money for a 3-piece type bushing? It looks like a good design but I haven't really seen anyone complain about the regular one piece bushings that are used in 99% of the aftermarket LCA's out there.

I brought the GMS solid u/l kit from JDsPerformance a while back for $135 shipped. I have heard and read about the issues many have had with the GMS adjustables, but I can only report mine have been working fine in my car. Big difference over the stockers.

srothfuss said:
This is copied from MM's website: They can say it better than I can.--

I've seen this article before. If MM didn't write it and post on their own website I would be more enthused about it. The bottom line is that even a stock arm with a poly bushing is better than stock.

I run JDI adjustable lowers, double adjustable uppers, and spherical axle bushings. No more rubber in the rear end (lmao)... All solid, metal connecting points. Very easy to put in and I got all three for 300 shipped. :nice: I would recommend them to anyone.