What are these screws for?

1Slow90coupe

Oct 18, 2005
I recently replace the throotle body, egr, maf, and pipe on my coupe. when I was changing over the throttle body, and installed a new IAC valve I noticed the small plate in between. The alan screws were all the way closed. I opened them a little. Now when I started the car it Idles at about 2000 rpm. I know I need to adjust thes screws back, and be sure the TPS is set right. My question is exactly what purpose do they serve?, and how do I know where they should be?

• Sponsors (?)

That is an adjuster plate and is NOT stock. I have one in my car and bought it from 50resto.com.I have a trick flow stage 1 cam in my car. They help with idle issues in a 5.0 with an AFTERMARKET cam. however, my car doesnt have any issues idleing so i have both of the screws CLOSED. The previous owner of your car probably thought that the plate would fix idle issues he may have had. Your car is idle high now because thats how that thing works. If you back out the 2 crews (there is another one toward bottom) it lets air bypass the IAC. Just tighten those screws all the way back in and be done with it. Your idle will turn back to normal