What are you using on Leather for conditioning

• Sponsors (?)

WhiteHeat306 said:
Zaino makes the best leather cleaner and conditioner you can get. It will even make your leather smell brand new, with the authentic "new car smell." You will not find anything better, I guarantee it.

That is typical Zaino user speak. Despite what they have told you, Zaino is not the very best product in the entire world. For some reason it is really big among domestics, but that is about it. There are a lot of other leather conditioners out there that do just as good a job as Zaino does and make your car smell just as leathery. Wolfgang, Four Star, Pinnacle, Zymol, Leatherique, etc. There are a lot of leather care products out there.

I've got a leather care guide that might be of interest. OCDetails Guide to Leather Care. I think we all know that Ford leather isn't the greatest in the world. I've seen so many cracked and dried out Expedition leather seats that it isn't funny. Honda and Ford are the two companies I think need to work on their leather the most. If you have leather in your car then you need to do whatever you can to take care of it. If you don't keep it conditioned then it will dry out and crack. Those cracks can't be removed by conditioning it later. You have to prevent them to begin with or else it is too late. I don't care what leather conditioner you use as long as you are using something that is meant for leather. Just use something so that one of the more valuable parts of your car isn't ruined simply from neglect.

OCDetails said:
That is typical Zaino user speak. Despite what they have told you, Zaino is not the very best product in the entire world. For some reason it is really big among domestics, but that is about it. There are a lot of other leather conditioners out there that do just as good a job as Zaino does and make your car smell just as leathery. Wolfgang, Four Star, Pinnacle, Zymol, Leatherique, etc. There are a lot of leather care products out there.

I've got a leather care guide that might be of interest. OCDetails Guide to Leather Care. I think we all know that Ford leather isn't the greatest in the world. I've seen so many cracked and dried out Expedition leather seats that it isn't funny. Honda and Ford are the two companies I think need to work on their leather the most. If you have leather in your car then you need to do whatever you can to take care of it. If you don't keep it conditioned then it will dry out and crack. Those cracks can't be removed by conditioning it later. You have to prevent them to begin with or else it is too late. I don't care what leather conditioner you use as long as you are using something that is meant for leather. Just use something so that one of the more valuable parts of your car isn't ruined simply from neglect.

Dude I've used everything...I worked in a detail shop for years. Zymol has a funky smell, and it leaves the leather a little bit sticky. Pinnacle isn't as good, Wolfgang and 4star work well but aren't by any means better than Zaino. Also, I am not a "typical Zaino user," just because I use a few of their products. Go somewhere else and promote your site where you can jerk off to sounding like you are better than everyone.

WhiteHeat306 said:
Go somewhere else and promote your site where you can jerk off to sounding like you are better than everyone.
Are you kidding "A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion". I'm the one who linked his site here and he received more traffic so he decided to drop in and investigate and joined to help us out. By the way there is no such thing as "the best" there is only preference in what you like.

Marks5.0! said:
lexol cleaner and conditioner is all ive used on mine. Leather still looks brand new after almost 2 years. Used the same on my old 00gt and it still looked great when i traded it in

+1 for Lexol. I've used it for years on several different makes of cars. It has a nice rich leather smell, if you'd rather have that than "new car" smell.