What backspacing on Bullit Wheels on a 65 stang???

Im putting Bullit 17X8 Wheels on my 1965 Mustang, I plan on running 225/45/17 in front because i have 2" drop spindles, and running 245/45/17 in rear. Does anyone know what backing spacing I will need? Or how i can find the proper backspacing, also hav rear drum with an 8", which will soon be an 8.8 Conversion, hence going to late model wheels. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds similar to my wife's and my 66 coupe's. If you have that actually Bullitt wheels you'll need 1"(25mm) bolt on spacers for the front (unless someone makes a 7/8" set) and the same for the stock rear. Actually 3/4"(20mm) spacers would be better in the rear with the 245's. I just put the same thing on my 65 Falcon as well. Anyway, 4.75" backspacing seems to be the best fit.

Attachments

• DCP_3025.jpg
    DCP_3025.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 105
i'm actually not using any spacers on the rear at all with my bullitt wheels and it works just fine...doesn't look bad either. I prefer to run without spacers if possible. For the fronts I run a 1" spacer..I had 245/45/17's on the front but they rubbed so bad it drove me nuts...i downsized to 225's and they work fine. Eventually I plan on taking 1" out of the front wheels so I don't have to run spacers at all