what can expect out of a 347 rwhp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetyme

Feb 3, 2007
What could I expect out of a healthy 347 with around 10.5 cr , AFR 185's or Fast as Cast 190's , custom cam , long tubes.... changing over to mass air... This would be going through a AOD.. Could I hit 390-410 at the wheels or is that a pipe dream? I am on the fence to either build a motor for the fox, or to sc my s197..

• Sponsors (?)

i debated the 331 vs 347 for a long time. I know awhile back 347 were prone to burn oil due to the longer stroke and thinner cylinder walls, i dunno if thats still the case or not. You cant go wrong either way. I chose a 331 simply because its a street car, not a race car. And your Aod will be ok if its built like 95verts, but he has some money in that tranny.

Yeah as far as stock goes....lol ive Burned up a few AOD's with just simple bolt on's on a 302. You can get your Trans to handle a 347 inside of $700 if you pull it yourself and have someone who knows what theyre doing build it. $700 compared to a properly built 347 would be the cheap stuff.

thanks for the all the commets.. my buddy is trying to talk me into plyaing with the fox and leaving the 06 alone.. he had a 91 notch that had a 347 forged lower end ,custom cam with a vortech s trim pullied for around 13-14lbs with meth inj and through a aod was running 10.50's at over 120 at Gateway International I believe he was making around 500 to the tire.. he was running some done up Canfields though... Am I just chasing my tail trying to make a conv a play toy?

the 331 for a street car thing makes no sense, more cubes=more power. Go with a 347 and dont look back, any built motor is gonna tear the AOD a new one

What could I expect out of a healthy 347 with around 10.5 cr , AFR 185's or Fast as Cast 190's , custom cam , long tubes.... changing over to mass air... This would be going through a AOD.. Could I hit 390-410 at the wheels or is that a pipe dream?

If you had a manual tranny 380-390rwhp would be possible but with an AOD, I reckon 330-340rwhp is more likely.
Build the AOD up as Chris suggested and it'll handle the power easily.

the 331 for a street car thing makes no sense, more cubes=more power. Go with a 347 and dont look back, any built motor is gonna tear the AOD a new one

so 16 more cubes is gonna make all the difference in the world, lol.

if you need cubes, then go with a 408 stroker

375-380 is tough, even with a manual trans. My friend, as mentioned pulls shy of 340 on a tune

The other option I am considering is going with the new 306 ford crate motor and then find a used paxton or vortech and you are very right about building up the AOD to handle the extra stress... How does the AOD like 4.10's with a 26 inch tire?

put a stroker in your Fox u wont look back i got a 333ci Stroker my car makes around your target HP NA..... LOADS of FUN!!!!!!if ur gonna stay NA with a 331 or 347 almost no difference between them go for a little xtra compression with a good custom grind cam it will get u what u want :rock:

LOL, you're ABSOLUTELY right, Starting with YOUR thread!!!! Stick to Talk my friend, you do not belong here.

you are right about that. the 347 i built only made 425rwhp, runs 10s at 124 on motor and is still running after 8 years. i wish i was smart enough to write an article on clutch adjustment. but im stupid compared you guys. :nice:

Status
Not open for further replies.