What Color Are White Saleens? Crystal Or Oxford?

fiveoho

15 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
TN
been forever since I've posted. hope everyone is doing well. anywho, I'm potentially purchasing a 96 crystal white GT from a friend of mine with hopes of doing a white on white theme that i have always wanted to do. I've contacted American Muscle and LMR both asking if their wheels will match the factory crystal white paint or if it's closer to oxford white on the new edge cars. the reps from each company were both very nice but neither could give me a straight answer. I'm also looking at a set on ebay that Wheel Index is selling but i have not contacted them yet. I've searched threads and looked on google images but can not find a definitive yes they match or no they don't. does anyone have a set of white saleens on their white car? if so, where did you buy them from and how well do they match? pictures would be great if possible.

the car is a vert with a tan top. my idea is to swap the top for a black one, drop the car with H&R ss springs and dark tint on the windows. tie it all together with a set of 18x10 and 18x9 white saleens with a 265 front tire and a 285 rear. ive been dying to do this but i would feel much better knowing what shade the wheels are before ordering.

thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

According to this page: http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/statsexplorer.cgi?year=all&f1=saleenclrpaint Saleen's were Crystal White from 1994-2000 and Oxford White from 2001-2004. I've seen both white theme's for those years. I'm currently thinking of doing this build with a '17 GT350. Some suppliers will paint to match...some won't. I want mine to match so I'm setting some money aside just to have them painted to match. The other thing to consider is that a car that's that old has some "sun bleach" and any body shop that does good work is going to match the "current" paint not the original. The original will be bright and shiny new...not semi-faded with age. So if you get new wheels that are the correct color...they're gonna still look off because the car might have some normal color fade. Now if the car is a garage queen...then...should be a non-issue.